CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > STAR-CCM+

Problem with Mesh generation

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rajeev50588

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   February 21, 2013, 11:29
Default Problem with Mesh generation
  #1
New Member
 
Alexander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
WildSinner is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with mesh generation.
I'm doing tutorial Control_valve.

When I get a result of Surface Remesher, I have a next picture

It is not clear why there are these lines and how to fix it.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem mesh.jpg (79.5 KB, 24 views)
WildSinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 22, 2013, 03:30
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
siara817's Avatar
 
siamak rahimi ardkapan
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 218
Rep Power: 9
siara817 is on a distinguished road
It seems they are imported surface mesh. Just to try, go to representations, and delet import, see if the problem will be solved.
__________________
Good luck
Siamak
siara817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 22, 2013, 10:32
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Alexander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
WildSinner is on a distinguished road
In the representation i didn't have a imported mesh.

I have found, that if i turn off Scenes->Mesh scene->Displayers->Mesh->>Expert parametres->Immediate mode
These lines disappear in a volume mesh, and partially in the Remeshed surface.

I think that it is a problem with graphic display of mesh.

How can I to check quality of the mesh?
WildSinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2013, 17:43
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Ganesh
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
ganesh_krishnan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSinner View Post
In the representation i didn't have a imported mesh.

I have found, that if i turn off Scenes->Mesh scene->Displayers->Mesh->>Expert parametres->Immediate mode
These lines disappear in a volume mesh, and partially in the Remeshed surface.

I think that it is a problem with graphic display of mesh.

How can I to check quality of the mesh?
you have to run the mesh diagnostics from the mesh menu, it generates a report you can check all the parameters then, it may be the graphics driver as i once experienced this problem, try updating your driver
ganesh_krishnan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 26, 2013, 23:32
Default
  #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 4
rajeev50588 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSinner View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with mesh generation.
I'm doing tutorial Control_valve.

When I get a result of Surface Remesher, I have a next picture

It is not clear why there are these lines and how to fix it.

Can you help me?

Thanks.
hii wildsinner...
ders nthg to worry...u can comfortably work ur way ahead...this is due to some graphics error...its the same thing i see on my PC...but ders no problem at all...i asked the service team regarding this...they said its a graphics problem...in case u have any other PC which has a better graphics card u'll not see these lines...i have tried this...

regards
RD
WildSinner likes this.
rajeev50588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 27, 2013, 11:33
Default
  #6
New Member
 
Alexander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 4
WildSinner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev50588 View Post
hii wildsinner...
ders nthg to worry...u can comfortably work ur way ahead...this is due to some graphics error...its the same thing i see on my PC...but ders no problem at all...i asked the service team regarding this...they said its a graphics problem...in case u have any other PC which has a better graphics card u'll not see these lines...i have tried this...

regards
RD
Thanks, you are right.

I tried on the computer with the ordinary graphic card(game) and I had a good mesh without problem.

Problem card - NVIDIA Quadro 600
WildSinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
engineFoam new mesh problem ayhan515 OpenFOAM 5 August 10, 2015 08:45
[ICEM] Problem making structured mesh on a surface froztbear ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 4 November 10, 2011 09:52
[ICEM] Problem making structural mesh on a surface froztbear ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 1 November 10, 2011 09:52
Problem with mesh generation Nestor FLUENT 3 November 1, 2006 03:54
Mesh generation problem Lam FLUENT 2 December 25, 2003 13:37


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:12.