Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   May 1, 2013, 08:14
Question Morphing
TSC

Tim
TSC is on a distinguished road
Hello all,

I am trying to simulate a boat (2 DOVs) with flat water conditions. Therefore I use the DFBI Rot+Trans Model in combination with a DFBI Morpher.
First I generate two blocks, one around the ship, the other reflects the computational domain. An interface connects both blocks.
Now the block around the ship uses the DFBI Rot+Trans model, as the computaional domain gets the DFBI Morpher. After the release time ends and ramping begins I get the error:
"Warning: 5 cells in region Subtract have zero or negative volume. This may be due to an invalid imported mesh or to errors initializing an interface. Repair the mesh before proceeding."
This means the inner block (ship) starts to move while the outer block (domain) is fixed and there are intersection resulting zero volume cells (pic: http://s7.directupload.net/images/130501/lnhfjrht.png).

Why both blocks aren't connected? I initialized the interface before running and check the mesh for any errors. Maybe the resulting moments are too big for the DFBI Morpher?
TSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 21, 2013, 22:00

Abdullah Karimi
abdullahkarimi is on a distinguished road
Make sure that you choose 'floating' method for Morpher for the interface boundary which is not moving.
I was getting this problem and after using 'floating', the problem got resolved.
abdullahkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dfbi morpher, morphing, morphing motion