CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   STAR-CCM+ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/)
-   -   User code in Star-CCM+ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/124694-user-code-star-ccm.html)

shellnuts October 10, 2013 22:29

User code in Star-CCM+
 
Anybody has experience of using user code capability of Star-CCM+?
Where can I find the complete list of the stored variables of Star-CCM+ that can be used by the user code? The manual only gives a partial list of the stored variable. Where Can I find the full list, and where can I find more examples?

Thanks.

cfdguy October 12, 2013 15:15

Hi there,

Why do you need user code? What are you trying to accomplish?

shellnuts October 12, 2013 18:30

I am doing electrochemical-thermal coupled modeling of Li-ion batteries. I have my own code for solving the electrochemical dynamics. I want to use CCM+ to solve the temperature filed given the heat source generated from my code and then use the temperature to update my electrochemical model. I need a fast implementation because battery simulation is transient; the coupling is needed for each time step. Thanks.


Quote:

Originally Posted by cfdguy (Post 456569)
Hi there,

Why do you need user code? What are you trying to accomplish?


cfdguy October 13, 2013 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellnuts (Post 456584)
I am doing electrochemical-thermal coupled modeling of Li-ion batteries. I have my own code for solving the electrochemical dynamics. I want to use CCM+ to solve the temperature filed given the heat source generated from my code and then use the temperature to update my electrochemical model. I need a fast implementation because battery simulation is transient; the coupling is needed for each time step. Thanks.

Will the coupling be volume or boundary-wise?

a) if the former, a user code might be needed;
b) if latter, you can do it using JAVA macros.

Anyway, a bird told me they are working in a co-simulation API specific for coupling third party codes. Not sure the release date though.

shellnuts October 13, 2013 09:20

Thanks for the reply.

I need the volume coupling. I used to do it in STAR-CD using the user code, which is very straight forward to do and efficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfdguy (Post 456656)
Will the coupling be volume or boundary-wise?

a) if the former, a user code might be needed;
b) if latter, you can do it using JAVA macros.

Anyway, a bird told me they are working in a co-simulation API specific for coupling third party codes. Not sure the release date though.



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:56.