|January 21, 2015, 09:04||
Aircraft's winglets analysis
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2Rep Power: 0
I really need help with star-ccm+
Basically, I need to analyse few designs of a winglets using star-ccm+. I have create wing with winglet in Catia v5 and now Im completely confused. I hate star-ccm+ but need to do it for my coursework.
So far, I followed tutorials about the wing but they are not really useful. Can anyone explain me what I need to do.
I saved the cad file as igs and Im trying to create the domain but it doesn't really work.
Should I import the mesh and select the created file igs to work on it or should I create new 3D model and import it to star-ccm+
I have no clue which option to chose?
Im happy to pay someone who can help me with setting up the simulation.
|March 2, 2015, 15:01||
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 281Rep Power: 3
If you are required to run CFD or this is a class that is more technical in nature keep reading. While giving you a complete step-by-step instruciton is impractical I will give you some tips.
1. Make sure your CAD model is of the AIR around your object, not of the object itself... This should be obvious if you did any of the examples.
2. Rely on a symmetry plane to reduce your model size.
3. Work the following tutorials:
-Geometry Parts: CAD Assembly
-Surface Repair Tools Brake Assembly
-Parts Based Meshing External Aerodyanmics
4. Avoid IGES. It's a trashy export option. If it were human it would work on a corner. Parasolid if preferable if you do not have a cad exchange license.
5. Follow the workflow guideline that I attached. Beware, this is a work in progress and may not be wholly applicable to what you are doing.
6. Best of luck. Feel free to message me directly if you have more specific questions regarding the work flow I gave you.
|catia v5, domain, import cad, star-ccm+, wing|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to implement a sensitivity analysis for certain items||Mason liu||CFX||4||October 14, 2014 04:57|
|Acoutic fan analysis||arunraj||CFX||3||October 4, 2012 18:54|
|3D analysis of Ahmed body||Irshad22||FLUENT||0||December 17, 2009 05:33|
|Short Course: Computational Thermal Analysis||Dean S. Schrage||Main CFD Forum||11||September 27, 2000 17:46|
|Is CFD Science or Art ?||John C. Chien||Main CFD Forum||36||October 5, 1999 12:58|