CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   STAR-CCM+ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/)
-   -   biomass gasification simulation (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/72845-biomass-gasification-simulation.html)

anbuvrp February 19, 2010 09:27

biomass gasification simulation

Hai
I am doing project in STAR CCM+ ,Rotay kiln biomass gasifier. i finished meshing (meshing size is 3 million).
My project aim is to find the species concentration (CO,H2,CH4,CO2,H2O)Then i selected the all physics in contiua, Finally i am face one error that is SIGSEGV:memory excption:
command:Run simulation
completed command: run simulation.
what is that?
what is mean bySIGSEGV:memory excption:?
any one help me.

eaydar February 24, 2010 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbuvrp (Post 246602)
Hai
I am doing project in STAR CCM+ ,Rotay kiln biomass gasifier. i finished meshing (meshing size is 3 million).
My project aim is to find the species concentration (CO,H2,CH4,CO2,H2O)Then i selected the all physics in contiua, Finally i am face one error that is SIGSEGV:memory excption:
what is that?
any one help me.

your mesh size is very big for your computer ram and so you should decrease your mesh numbers also i want to ask you some questions. Which STAR-CCM+ version you used for modelling biomass gasification. I am interested in modelling biomass and coal gasification both. But can STAR-CCM+ do multiphase simulation like solid and gas phase?

pkt109 March 12, 2011 00:35

yes you can do Biomass gasification/combustion in star-ccm+

eaydar April 29, 2011 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkt109 (Post 299069)
yes you can do Biomass gasification/combustion in star-ccm+

Latest version of STARCCM+ has coal combustion modul, you know that, gasification is related to equivalence ratio, can you offer me anything about how i should model biomass gasification or coal gasification?

eaydar April 29, 2011 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by anbuvrp (Post 246602)
Hai
what is that?
any one help me.

I drew circulating fludized bed, i want to model coal and biomass gasification in it using STARCCM+. First of all, i put 300 mikron sand in it, then i gave air under the reactor, and i used eulerian multiphase, now i want to simulate coal or biomass gasification. STARCCM+ 5.06 has coal combustion. I want to do gasification. Also coal combustion modul is using lagrangian multiphase. I think that, i should define injector in which i must give feedstock. I am in right way or not? Can you share your opinions with this methodology, or can you give different way about coal or biomass gasification. You can send me an email about coal or biomass gasification in details. We can cooperate this simulation. My email adress is emir.aydar@mam.gov.tr