CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   STAR-CCM+ (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/)
-   -   Uninitialized Wall Shear Force on boundary (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-ccm/88218-uninitialized-wall-shear-force-boundary.html)

ziyasaydam May 11, 2011 09:18

Uninitialized Wall Shear Force on boundary

Dear all,

I got the following error while starting an analysis with the segregated multiphase solver:

"Uninitialized Wall Shear Force on boundary: HUll. Please initialize the solution or solve an iteration/timestep"

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance,

Ziya

rwryne May 11, 2011 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziyasaydam (Post 307204)
Dear all,

I got the following error while starting an analysis with the segregated multiphase solver:

"Uninitialized Wall Shear Force on boundary: HUll. Please initialize the solution or solve an iteration/timestep"

Does anyone have an idea how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance,

Ziya

Long shot, but try doing Solution->Clear Solution and starting it again?

ziyasaydam May 11, 2011 12:03

already tried that.

payammehr2 March 28, 2012 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziyasaydam (Post 307237)
already tried that.

I am getting the same thing, but for pressure.
Uninitialized pressure on boundary. please initialize ...

Did you figure out how we should get rid of this problem?

Thanks

ziyasaydam March 29, 2012 02:40

not really. also, it looks like it's not a common problem. have you tried contacting the support?

Koki November 12, 2013 15:53

Hello Guys,
I faced similar problem ,I would appreciate your suggestion.

Regards,
Tommy

EnronZhang December 2, 2013 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziyasaydam (Post 352081)
not really. also, it looks like it's not a common problem. have you tried contacting the support?

Hi ziyasaydam,

I've just got the same problem as you have. Have you figured out how to solve this problem now? Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks!!

Enron

pavelow January 14, 2014 09:20

Hello all,

I am reading this forum for quite a while now and I found a lot of help for different problems I had. Maybe i can give now a hint concering to this error message.

I had a simular problem. I am simulating a rotor. I am using a Multi Reference Frame to simulate the rotation. I want to have a look on the moment report. Therefor I selected my MRF region and my stationary region as part for the report. I got the message: "Uninitialized Pressure on boundary: MRF/Stationary [...]. Please initialize the solution or solve an iteration/timestep."

After contacting the support, I could fix my problem. I had to remove my MRF/Stationary Interface from my moment report. Since this interface is placed within the fluid region, it isn't possible to calculate any moment of force there. After that, everthing works fine.
In a future release, there will be an error message for this problem, which is more precise. Maybe this can help you with your problem.

Regards,
Soenke

mhq March 12, 2015 10:55

Solution

Hello, I recently had this problem, and your answer helped me fixing it.
In my case, I was performing a multiphase simulation. I had run a single-phase simulation in the same file earlier, and had some reports associated to variables of this single phase.

By deleting these reports, I could make the simulation run :)
Hope it helps if someone has this problem in the future.

The exact message was:

"Uninitialized solution. Please initialize the solution or perform an iteration"

Thank you very much