CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   STAR-CD (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-cd/)
-   -   Es-ice Trimm method (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/star-cd/114494-es-ice-trimm-method.html)

vadyashayah March 12, 2013 05:14

Es-ice Trimm method
 
Hi all!
I encountered such a problem: after I make "create results", I write "check negvol" find a negative volumes as get rid of them?
Who encountered such problem, write me please
thanks in advance

skylent March 13, 2013 20:17

change the "extrusion" value in Trim panel, and try again.
Or,adjust the 2d template, and then try again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by vadyashayah (Post 413339)
Hi all!
I encountered such a problem: after I make "create results", I write "check negvol" find a negative volumes as get rid of them?
Who encountered such problem, write me please
thanks in advance


vinayakdshetti1986 March 16, 2013 06:30

Yes i faced similar prob.....can you suggest me any solution

vadyashayah March 18, 2013 02:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylent (Post 413811)
change the "extrusion" value in Trim panel, and try again.
Or,adjust the 2d template, and then try again.

May it depend on the coarse geometry, or changing values ​​"extrusion" can get rid of these volumes?
And one more question: How you reduce the Courant number?

skylent March 18, 2013 22:19

1.Based on my experience, if your 3d template is perfect, to adjust the value of extrusion or set zero for this value is always possible to get rid of the negative volume problem.
2.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/a/c...79ba43f47c.png decrease the time step, so the courant number will be reduced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadyashayah (Post 414602)
May it depend on the coarse geometry, or changing values ​​"extrusion" can get rid of these volumes?
And one more question: How you reduce the Courant number?



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:51.