|August 26, 2015, 11:34||
GDI Combustion modeling using ECFM-3Z
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19Rep Power: 9
I need some clarification on using StarCD ECFM-3Z combustion model for simulating GDI engines.
1. How good are results from ECFM-3Z model available in StarCD compared to experiments with default parameters?
2. What are all combustion model parameters tuned to match test data?
3. What is valid range for these parameters? Are these tuned parameters work well for all other similar engines or they need to be adjusted for each engine and each operating point?
4. How good are default fuel available in StarCD compared to fuel used in Dyno?
Thanks in advance ...
|January 7, 2016, 05:40||
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3Rep Power: 3
1. As far I know, we need not tune the parameters ! But be careful with the octane/cetane no ..
2.Check your initial conditions which is the prime most parameter
3. They don't need to be tuned for each operating point .. when you can initially validate with the experimental data .. u can leave the parameter as it is !
4.The given fuel libraries are reliable .. sorry ! I dint know abt Dyno..
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|transport property when modeling combustion||vahidzanganeh||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||3||September 12, 2015 03:39|
|Not able to setup the transient combustion modeling||Sandip K||FLUENT||0||November 21, 2013 01:26|
|Max number of (elementary) reactions in combustion modeling with Fluent 14||fahdme||FLUENT||0||April 17, 2013 15:38|
|Combustion Modeling with COMSOL||davidst||Main CFD Forum||0||January 11, 2013 13:39|
|A role of combustion modeling in flow solver?||Yoon||Main CFD Forum||0||November 26, 2006 13:00|