CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > SU2 Installation

Why can't I download the SU2 installer for win7(x86)

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   January 16, 2013, 04:53
Angry Why can't I download the SU2 installer for win7(x86)
  #1
New Member
 
feeling
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 4
sxhqjfl is on a distinguished road
I am from China. I can successfully download the "source code" ,but can't download the SU2 installer for win7(x86). Why?
sxhqjfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:18
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
Samuele Z
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mozzate - Co - Italy
Posts: 490
Rep Power: 9
samiam1000 is on a distinguished road
Please,

post the link you are using and the error that you get.

Thanks a lot,

Samuele
samiam1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:21
Default
  #3
New Member
 
feeling
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 4
sxhqjfl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam1000 View Post
Please,

post the link you are using and the error that you get.

Thanks a lot,

Samuele
http://adl.stanford.edu/docs/survey/...?key=SUSQUARED

Windows 7 Installer (32 bit): http://su2.stanford.edu/download/v2....indows-x86.exe
this link can't be downloaded.
sxhqjfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:28
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Samuele Z
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mozzate - Co - Italy
Posts: 490
Rep Power: 9
samiam1000 is on a distinguished road
That's very strange (I get the same error message!).

Maybe the link is `wrong'. Have you tried to compare it with the link for the source download?

Maybe there is a typo that can be edited.
samiam1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:32
Default
  #5
New Member
 
feeling
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 4
sxhqjfl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam1000 View Post
That's very strange (I get the same error message!).

Maybe the link is `wrong'. Have you tried to compare it with the link for the source download?

Maybe there is a typo that can be edited.
I downloaded the Source Code and find it contains a .exe file named "Setup-Windows-x86"(27.8M). I think it is that win7 installer mentioned above. I install this exe file and lanch the SU2_CFD.exe. However it displays "there is no configuration file!". How can I test a case?
sxhqjfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:35
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Samuele Z
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mozzate - Co - Italy
Posts: 490
Rep Power: 9
samiam1000 is on a distinguished road
Yeah. I think that everythink is ok!

Of course if you don't have any configuration file it can not find it.

Simply follow the tutorial to run your first SU2 simulation!
samiam1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:36
Default
  #7
New Member
 
feeling
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 4
sxhqjfl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam1000 View Post
Yeah. I think that everythink is ok!

Of course if you don't have any configuration file it can not find it.

Simply follow the tutorial to run your first SU2 simulation!
Thank you all the same!
sxhqjfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 06:40
Default
  #8
Senior Member
 
Samuele Z
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mozzate - Co - Italy
Posts: 490
Rep Power: 9
samiam1000 is on a distinguished road
Ok,

no problem.

PS: please, let me know if you succeed in your first simulation!
samiam1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 16, 2013, 07:47
Default
  #9
New Member
 
feeling
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 4
sxhqjfl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam1000 View Post
Ok,

no problem.

PS: please, let me know if you succeed in your first simulation!
I also can't run the tutorial test offered in su2_manual.pdf (page 21).
I don't know how to go forward. My current condition is as following:

1. I download the Source Code named "SU2v2.0" and the "TestCases"

2. I setup the file named "Setup-Windows-x86.exe" in the directory: SU2v2.0\trunk\bin\Windows\32-bit\. The setup path is C:\Program Files\Stanford ADL\SU^2

3. I setup the file named "w_ccompxe_redist_ia32_2013.1.119.msi" in the directory:C:\Program Files\Stanford ADL\SU^2\Intel.

4. Then I open the su2_manual and find the Chapter 3 "Quick Start Tutorial" . I find that:

"Again, it is assumed that you have already obtained and compiled
the SU2 CFD code (either individually, or as part of the complete SU2 package) for a serial computation."

"Move to the directory containing the compiled executable of SU2 CFD (serial version). If you built the
code with the build SU2.py script, SU2 CFD can be found in the SU2/SU2Py/directory. Copy the con g le
(inv NACA0012.cfg) and the mesh le (mesh NACA0012 inv.su2) to this directory. Run the executable by
entering "./SU2 CFD inv NACA0012.cfg" at the command line."


I have installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (containing C++). I don't know what does those mentioned above mean. I don't know where is the command line and how to find the "compiled executable of SU2 CFD(serial version)". I even don't know how to compile the SU2 CFD.
sxhqjfl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   January 18, 2013, 13:53
Default
  #10
New Member
 
Abhilash J Markkassery
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 4
amarkkassery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to amarkkassery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxhqjfl View Post
I am from China. I can successfully download the "source code" ,but can't download the SU2 installer for win7(x86). Why?
The link for the installer was down. It has been updated, to include newer version of the software. Please go back on the website, re-register and try to download it again.
amarkkassery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 4, 2013, 18:48
Default
  #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 6
cfdivan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxhqjfl View Post
I also can't run the tutorial test offered in su2_manual.pdf (page 21).
I don't know how to go forward. My current condition is as following:

1. I download the Source Code named "SU2v2.0" and the "TestCases"

2. I setup the file named "Setup-Windows-x86.exe" in the directory: SU2v2.0\trunk\bin\Windows\32-bit\. The setup path is C:\Program Files\Stanford ADL\SU^2

3. I setup the file named "w_ccompxe_redist_ia32_2013.1.119.msi" in the directory:C:\Program Files\Stanford ADL\SU^2\Intel.

4. Then I open the su2_manual and find the Chapter 3 "Quick Start Tutorial" . I find that:

"Again, it is assumed that you have already obtained and compiled
the SU2 CFD code (either individually, or as part of the complete SU2 package) for a serial computation."

"Move to the directory containing the compiled executable of SU2 CFD (serial version). If you built the
code with the build SU2.py script, SU2 CFD can be found in the SU2/SU2Py/directory. Copy the con g le
(inv NACA0012.cfg) and the mesh le (mesh NACA0012 inv.su2) to this directory. Run the executable by
entering "./SU2 CFD inv NACA0012.cfg" at the command line."


I have installed the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (containing C++). I don't know what does those mentioned above mean. I don't know where is the command line and how to find the "compiled executable of SU2 CFD(serial version)". I even don't know how to compile the SU2 CFD.
Hi sxhqjfl,

Have you managed to work around that issue? Could you point out how.
I very much appreciate your help.

Regards
cfdivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 5, 2013, 12:29
Default
  #12
New Member
 
Michael Colonno
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stanford, CA
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 4
mcolonno is on a distinguished road
Hi ~
Thanks for your interest in SU^2. The Windows installer links seem to be working well; not certain why you would not be able to download it unless something was being blocked on your end. With respect to running the code you need to run the Windows installer, then install the Intel libraries (if your system does not already have them), then download and run the test cases per the online documentation. Trying to compile the code yourself on Windows is complex and not recommended. Use the direct download of the installer for your platform (which will be the most updated). Please post any specific error messages. Thanks, MC
mcolonno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 5, 2013, 17:56
Default
  #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 6
cfdivan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcolonno View Post
Hi ~
Thanks for your interest in SU^2. The Windows installer links seem to be working well; not certain why you would not be able to download it unless something was being blocked on your end. With respect to running the code you need to run the Windows installer, then install the Intel libraries (if your system does not already have them), then download and run the test cases per the online documentation. Trying to compile the code yourself on Windows is complex and not recommended. Use the direct download of the installer for your platform (which will be the most updated). Please post any specific error messages. Thanks, MC
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support, time and consideration. I will dig in and I will post as soon as doubts arise.
I very much appreciate your help.

Cheers,
cfdivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 5, 2013, 19:25
Default
  #14
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 6
cfdivan is on a distinguished road
Hi Michael,

I just started from the first simulation (channel bump). I launched the simulation and it stopped at 322 iteration and then I got the message "Exit Success". No out files were created at local folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin). I think that I missing something. Can you help me out with this?

Regards
cfdivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 5, 2013, 19:29
Default
  #15
New Member
 
Michael Colonno
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stanford, CA
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 4
mcolonno is on a distinguished road
The output files will be written to the dir that you launched the job from, not the bin dir of the application (unless you're working out of this dir). Are you running out of the bin dir?
mcolonno is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 6, 2013, 06:15
Default
  #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 6
cfdivan is on a distinguished road
Hi Micheal,

At my prompt:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin>SU2_CFD.exe inv_channel.cfg
.
.
.
.
Iter Time(s) Res[Rho] Res[RhoE] CLift(Total) CDrag(Total)
320 0.341000 -8.359886 -2.730474 0.007951 0.063443
321 0.340966 -8.381775 -2.749783 0.007951 0.063443
322 0.340963 -8.403791 -2.769178 0.007951 0.063443

------------------------ Exit Success (SU2_CFD) ------------------------


C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin>


Where I can find the output files? Out of running folder?

Thks for your support!
cfdivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 6, 2013, 07:18
Default
  #17
Senior Member
 
Cean
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 7
shirazbj is on a distinguished road
Is your inv_channel.cfg file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin>SU2_CFD.exe? also where you put the mesh file?

If so, the output file should be under this folder.




shirazbj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 6, 2013, 17:35
Default
  #18
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 6
cfdivan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirazbj View Post
Is your inv_channel.cfg file under C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin>SU2_CFD.exe? also where you put the mesh file?

If so, the output file should be under this folder.




Hi,
All the files (setup and mesh) are in the same folder of SU2_CFD.exe ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin), otherwise it will not work, right? It is wierd but no outputflies were created at that folder even for other test case (NACA0012).

I also noticed that if I open directly the SU2_CFD.exe I got the message "There is no configuration file" and then I am not able to run any command. If I start from DOS prompt typing (C:\Program Files (x86)\Stanford ADL\SU2\bin>SU2_CFD.exe inv_channel.cfg) I am able to run the simulation for a certain iterations but I got no output files.

I am running the parallel code in 4 cores, OS Windows 7 64bit.
Do you think there is something wrong with the installation?
There is any clue about this?

Thks
cfdivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 11, 2013, 23:44
Default
  #19
Senior Member
 
Cean
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 7
shirazbj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdivan View Post
Hi,

I am running the parallel code in 4 cores, OS Windows 7 64bit.

Thks
try the serial one first.
shirazbj is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
win7

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to the Stanford University Unstructured (SU2) forum! economon SU2 0 January 7, 2013 03:48
New SU2 Forum Opened at CFD Online pete Site News & Announcements 0 January 5, 2013 18:59
Stanford University Unstructured (SU2) Open-Source Code Released Today praveen Main CFD Forum 1 May 21, 2012 20:52
OpenFOAM-1.5.General download corrupt swald OpenFOAM Bugs 3 June 15, 2009 19:48
iNavier - Download problems Arjun Main CFD Forum 0 June 1, 2007 08:50


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27.