CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   Tecplot (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/tecplot/)
-   -   Plot Velocity Profiles at various locations in 2D Cartesian Frame (http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/tecplot/119875-plot-velocity-profiles-various-locations-2d-cartesian-frame.html)

Crank-Shaft June 26, 2013 09:20

Plot Velocity Profiles at various locations in 2D Cartesian Frame
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello Fellow CFD enthusiasts,

I am new to Tecplot and currently have access to Tecplot 360 2010. I am trying to create multiple velocity profiles using velocity magnitude and x-velocity at particular locations from my Fluent Simulations.

I do not have the locations in my Fluent Case Files and I am currently using the Fluent Data Loader to import these into Tecplot. I would like to create the 2D line locations and then plot the velocity contours on the lines, along the length of my ramp. I would like to achieve something similar to the image attached.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this since so far I have only been able to view the domain in 2D Cartesian and rescale the axes.

Kanarya March 3, 2014 18:57

Hi,
Did you mange to get the profiles. I would like the get the same profiles and I have the problem..can you help me?
thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crank-Shaft (Post 436095)
Hello Fellow CFD enthusiasts,

I am new to Tecplot and currently have access to Tecplot 360 2010. I am trying to create multiple velocity profiles using velocity magnitude and x-velocity at particular locations from my Fluent Simulations.

I do not have the locations in my Fluent Case Files and I am currently using the Fluent Data Loader to import these into Tecplot. I would like to create the 2D line locations and then plot the velocity contours on the lines, along the length of my ramp. I would like to achieve something similar to the image attached.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this since so far I have only been able to view the domain in 2D Cartesian and rescale the axes.


enayath July 21, 2014 15:20

hey folks,

Any success?
I have the same problem!

Thank you,
Hooman

syavash February 15, 2016 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by enayath (Post 502522)
hey folks,

Any success?
I have the same problem!

Thank you,
Hooman

Hi Hooman,

Did you find a way to generate that kind of plot??!

Syavash

enayath February 22, 2016 14:44

Hi Siavash,
Try to define a rectangular zone in Tecplot.(give the x-y coordinates as a line and the number of the subsections on that line) ...then extract the variables you want on that line and deactivate the other zones...See what you get and let me know...I think I could fix it but do not remember now exactly.

Regards,
Hooman

syavash February 22, 2016 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by enayath (Post 586333)
Hi Siavash,
Try to define a rectangular zone in Tecplot.(give the x-y coordinates as a line and the number of the subsections on that line) ...then extract the variables you want on that line and deactivate the other zones...See what you get and let me know...I think I could fix it but do not remember now exactly.

Regards,
Hooman

Thanks for your reply Hooman, I could find a workaround using a method similar to what you described above.

Syavash


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:11.