CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Tecplot

Plot Velocity Profiles at various locations in 2D Cartesian Frame

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   June 26, 2013, 09:20
Default Plot Velocity Profiles at various locations in 2D Cartesian Frame
  #1
Senior Member
 
Crank-Shaft's Avatar
 
Ovi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 145
Rep Power: 5
Crank-Shaft is on a distinguished road
Hello Fellow CFD enthusiasts,

I am new to Tecplot and currently have access to Tecplot 360 2010. I am trying to create multiple velocity profiles using velocity magnitude and x-velocity at particular locations from my Fluent Simulations.

I do not have the locations in my Fluent Case Files and I am currently using the Fluent Data Loader to import these into Tecplot. I would like to create the 2D line locations and then plot the velocity contours on the lines, along the length of my ramp. I would like to achieve something similar to the image attached.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this since so far I have only been able to view the domain in 2D Cartesian and rescale the axes.
Attached Images
File Type: png TurbulentFlowThroughanAsymmetricDiffuser-image1.PNG (39.8 KB, 108 views)
__________________
--
Mechanical Engineering
Sydney, Australia


Crank-Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 3, 2014, 18:57
Default
  #2
Senior Member
 
rkhr
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 8
Kanarya is on a distinguished road
Hi,
Did you mange to get the profiles. I would like the get the same profiles and I have the problem..can you help me?
thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank-Shaft View Post
Hello Fellow CFD enthusiasts,

I am new to Tecplot and currently have access to Tecplot 360 2010. I am trying to create multiple velocity profiles using velocity magnitude and x-velocity at particular locations from my Fluent Simulations.

I do not have the locations in my Fluent Case Files and I am currently using the Fluent Data Loader to import these into Tecplot. I would like to create the 2D line locations and then plot the velocity contours on the lines, along the length of my ramp. I would like to achieve something similar to the image attached.

I would really appreciate some guidance on this since so far I have only been able to view the domain in 2D Cartesian and rescale the axes.
Kanarya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   July 21, 2014, 15:20
Default
  #3
Member
 
Hooman
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 6
enayath is on a distinguished road
hey folks,

Any success?
I have the same problem!

Thank you,
Hooman
enayath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 15, 2016, 13:50
Default
  #4
Senior Member
 
Ehsan Asgari
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 299
Rep Power: 9
syavash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by enayath View Post
hey folks,

Any success?
I have the same problem!

Thank you,
Hooman
Hi Hooman,

Did you find a way to generate that kind of plot??!

Syavash
syavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 22, 2016, 14:44
Default
  #5
Member
 
Hooman
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 6
enayath is on a distinguished road
Hi Siavash,
Try to define a rectangular zone in Tecplot.(give the x-y coordinates as a line and the number of the subsections on that line) ...then extract the variables you want on that line and deactivate the other zones...See what you get and let me know...I think I could fix it but do not remember now exactly.

Regards,
Hooman
enayath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 22, 2016, 17:23
Default
  #6
Senior Member
 
Ehsan Asgari
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 299
Rep Power: 9
syavash is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by enayath View Post
Hi Siavash,
Try to define a rectangular zone in Tecplot.(give the x-y coordinates as a line and the number of the subsections on that line) ...then extract the variables you want on that line and deactivate the other zones...See what you get and let me know...I think I could fix it but do not remember now exactly.

Regards,
Hooman
Thanks for your reply Hooman, I could find a workaround using a method similar to what you described above.

Syavash
syavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
asking plot of axial and radial velocity teguhtf ANSYS 1 August 4, 2014 12:51
I can't plot a velocity distribution Stabum CFX 2 September 4, 2012 21:51
A girl fail to plot velocity profile when mesh changes + Wall function asherah STAR-CCM+ 0 February 19, 2010 18:45
Velocity plot for water Nitin Dewangan CFX 0 March 26, 2009 01:01
Terrible Mistake In Fluid Dynamics History Abhi Main CFD Forum 12 July 8, 2002 09:11


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:56.