Fortran unformatted to tecplot binary
I have unformatted data files (Fortran written) from a DNS. How can I make them tecplot readable.
Re: Fortran unformatted to tecplot binary
This question is not easy to answer, but we will try to provide a general response. Some steps are:
1. Read Tecplot’s data format manual located here: http://www.tecplot.com/support/documentation/
2. If your Tecplot license is under maintenance support, then email Tecplot Support support at tecplot dot com for advice. You will need to provide your license number to get assistance.
3. If your Tecplot license is not under support, then contact sales at tecplot dot com , and we will see how we can be of assistance. We do like helping people get their data into a Tecplot format.
4. Do you have the ability to edit your data file header (the first lines of the data file)? Do you know whether the data are in point or block format? Are the data I,J,K ordered (structured)? If so modify the header of the data appropriately so that Tecplot can read the file.
5. If not – and the data are in an ASCII text format, then use Tecplot’s text data file reader to understand the structure of the data.
a. Tecplot tip – read in a small but similarly structured data file into Tecplot via the text loader, and then export the data file from Tecplot to get the appropriate header information for the larger data file.
6. If you have control of the application that created the data file, then you can add Tecplot’s TecIO library found here: http://www.tecplot.com/downloads/tecio-library/ This library can be integrated into the DNS solver to create a Tecplot binary that loads quickly into Tecplot.
a. Tecplot tip – note also on this page is “preplot”. This application is used to change data formatted in a Tecplot ASCII to a Tecplot binary. Preplot can be placed on one’s large cluster to help reduce file size and for faster loading into Tecplot.
Thanks for your reply. I have already contacted tecplot support and working on it.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32.|