NVIDIA is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of
world-class developers and research scientists based in Santa Clara, CA
delivering GPU-accelerated linear algebra libraries with an emphasis on CFD,
Reservoir Simulation, and other industrial applications. You will make sure the
team executes to perfection in delivering on customer and internal commitments.
You will own planning, scheduling, and managing the execution of all projects
and activities of the team by applying your excellent technical, leadership, and
To excel in this role, you have to be highly motivated, work well under
pressure, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills and habits.
This is a highly technical position, and the ideal candidate has deep expertise
in numerical linear algebra, computational science, and parallel computing. You
must be able to direct overall technical strategy, as well as drive engagement
with our partner's engineering teams.
- Lead and manage a world-wide team of system software engineers and research
scientists to develop and support world class CUDA-accelerated linear algebra
- Mentor and provide support to employees under your direction
- Provide scheduling, resource planning, and technical task direction for
- Establish relationships and trust through excellent execution, high quality,
and exceeding expectations
- Lead customer engagements for development of targeted linear solver technology
across relevant fields such as CFD, CAE, Reservoir Simulation, and EDA.
- PhD or equivalent experience in CS, Math, Physics, Applied Math, or related fields
- 3+ years of experience in leading development of complex numerical software
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Capability to achieve objectives under tight deadlines
- Expertise in sparse linear solver methods, including Krylov methods,
multigrid, preconditioning, parallel methods, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of C/C++ language, parallel algorithms, and performance
optimization. Experience with CUDA and MPI highly desired
- Able to work closely with hardware designers and software engineers inside and
outside company to guide development of future hardware and software platforms.
- Experience engaging with external customers or partners
- Some travel to customers or public speaking venues will be required