A postdoctoral Research Associate position is available at Low Noise Aviation (LNA) group, Peking
University, Beijing, for an outstanding candidate with experience in computational Aeroacoustics.
The post, initially for a period of 24 months, is funded by the National Science Foundation of China for
new developments of technologies in aeroacoustics. The postdoc fellow will work on one(or both) of the
(1) develop new optimization method for liner, examine the method by extending our existing LEE code.
(2) deep the understanding of the inherent mechanisms of broadband fan noise, by developing necessary
theory and extending our existing LES/DES/LEE code.
We expect the applicant:
(1) has received (is going to receive) a PhD in aeronautics and astronautics, mechanics, or related fields;
(2) has good background in fluid dynamics, acoustics;
(3) experienced with CFD/CAA and hands on experiences with MATLAB/C/FORTRAN;
(4) a track record of successful publication in peer-reviewed academic journals;
(5) OpenFOAM experience is a plus;
(6) knowledge of surrogated model is a plus.
To apply, please send a letter describing your PhD work, a CV, and 3 references to Prof. Xun Huang,
Peking University is the top university in China (according to times etc.), located at the central region of
Beijing. The starting salary will be RMB 100k-120k per year, depending on the applicant's qualification.
The university will provide a one bedroom flat at an economical price to oversee fellow. Other insurance
and compensation will be included in the package. The academic work of the LNA group can be found on
the website: www.coe.pku.edu.cn/faculty/huangxun.