Assistant/ Associate Professor
(Teaching/ tenure track position)
Starting dates: Spring/ Fall 2014
Type: Full time (or special arrangement)
IT University Innopolis, Kazan, Russia, is seeking highly qualified faculty
members for teaching and tenure-track positions at the graduate level at the
Department of Computer Science. This is a career-oriented, renewable
appointment. Applicants of all ranks specializing in computer science and
information security systems are encouraged to apply, as are candidates with
various international backgrounds.
• Deliver the graduate program core courses in Software Systems, Software
Architecture, Software Design, Managing Software Design or related disciplines.
• Deliver the graduate program elective courses in Computer Science and
• Contribute to the development of Master’s degree programs
• Conduct research at Innopolis University in the field of computer
science and engineering. Focus areas include, but are not limited to, user
interface and interaction, embedded and mobile computing, cloud computing, big
data analysis, information security, and education technology.
• PhD or MS (for Assistant Prof.), preferably in Computer Science,
Software Engineering, or related field.
• Excellence in teaching software engineering courses.
• Publication record commensurate with experience.
• Experience of academic leadership, evidence of attracting significant
research funding as well as personal distinction in scholarship and research.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent English communication skills, including written and
• Ability to supervise graduate and PhD students (tenure-track)
• Experience work with project teams
• Willingness to travel within Russia and overseas in order to facilitate
• Research background in Computer Science and related fields (tenure-
• Experience collaborating with industry partners (tenure-track).
• Participation in a collaborative dual-degree program between Innopolis
and Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania US). Participation
includes an extended residency period.
• Opportunity to supervise a cohort of talented Russian students pursuing
master’s degrees at Innopolis University
• Professional growth / development opportunities and support
• Annual compensation (range variable, based upon depth of experience):
Assistant Prof: $100 – 130k
Associate Prof: $160 – 190k
• Relocation allowance ($5,000)
• Housing allowance
• Vacation allowance
The application package for the faculty position includes:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• A summary list of publications
• A research statement describing past and future research efforts
• A summary of teaching experience
• Names and contact information for references
• Candidates will be reviewed on the basis of their teaching and academic
leadership, activity in the academic community, and research record (desirable,
but not required).
• For candidates interested in the tenure-track position, expectations are
that the new faculty will guide and promote scientific research, instruct at the
undergraduate and graduate level, remain current in their respective field,
promote international collaboration, and contribute to the greater Innopolis
University community throughout their careers.
About Innopolis University
Innopolis University is an innovative Russian University, founded in 2013,
specializing in Information Technologies. With collaboration from Carnegie
Mellon University (USA), Innopolis University specializes in undergraduate and
graduate education degree programs. Its charter is to educate highly-qualified
technical professionals for the Russian IT sector.
Education will be primarily in English, and delivered by Russian and
international faculty experts in their respective fields.
For information on this partnership and Innopolis University visit:
As the capital of Tatarstan, Kazan is considered to be one of the largest
economic, industrial, scientific and cultural centers in Russia. Located in the
center of the well-developed Volga region, and situated between the industrial
regions of the Central and the Ural economic areas, its geopolitical location
within Russian Federation has numerous advantages. Because of its size of 614.2
square kilometer, and its population of 1.13 million people (40.7% of whom are
under the age of 30), Kazan is regarded as one of the Republic’s cities with the
greatest economic potential.. Kazan’s student population is the third largest in
Russia (after Moscow and St Petersburg). With more than 56 institutions of
higher education, more than 200,000 students from 15 countries pursue their
education in Kazan. The Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan is
situated in Kazan, positioning Kazan centrally in scientific and research
See also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YiQpyvbtwl4#!
For detailed information, please visit:
Please, address candidate packages, materials, letters, and questions to:
Tel: +1 (412) 348-8709 (US)
+44 (020) 3239 9709 (UK)