Greetings fellow members,
Please do not hit the Reply button but respond to firstname.lastname@example.org for
the following opportunity:
Senior Manager –Flight Sciences with a Fortune 100 US multinational and one of
largest global aircraft manufacturers in aerospace & leading defense contractor
in the world.
About EXS Search and Gi Group:
We have been retained by our client which is a Fortune 100 US multinational and
one of largest global aircraft manufacturers in aerospace & leading defense
contractor in the world.
EXS Search represents the ‘Executive Search’ service of Gi Group in India.
Headquartered in Italy, Gi Group is a global Human Capital Solutions provider,
with revenues of over USD 1.6 Billion. Founded in 1998, today Gi Group has a
network in over 19 countries. For more information about the group, please visit
us at www.gigroup.com
Company’s Research & Technology Centre in Bangalore, India has an immediate
opening for an experienced Senior Manager of Flight Sciences to support research
and development of advanced Fluid Mechanics and Flight Sciences technologies for
• This position will lead a group of engineers and scientists to support the
development of engineering solutions to improve aircraft performance and
increase operational efficiency of aircraft.
• The selected individual will lead a team of engineers and scientists in
Aerodynamics, Propulsion Integration and related areas. In addition, this
individual will develop core R&D activities in support of Company's strategic
• This position will be responsible for interactions with internal and external
customers, to identify and prioritize the most important technical needs in
Aerodynamics, Propulsion Integration and related areas from across Company.
• This position will acquire resources for departmental activities, provide
technical oversight to employees and suppliers, and lead process improvements to
meet the requirements of internal stakeholders. This position also motivates,
develops and manages employees and first-level managers to achieve excellent
technical and business outcomes.
• This position provides periodic updates to Company’s executive management in
the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating
regularly with experts in Company’s Engineering & Technology organizations
around the world.
• This position represents Company in interactions with senior leaders from
Indian Industry, academia, Indian Government organizations, and Company’s Tier 1
partners in India. This position will also identify sources in India capable of
meeting Company’s technology needs, for developing engagement options, and
implementing the selected options to achieve the desired technical capabilities.
• This position will support initiatives of Company’s India Engineering and
Technology organization related to employee development, customer engagement,
strategic relations, Government interactions, etc.
• This position will require some travel within India and internationally. Other
duties and responsibilities are assigned by management.
• Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and
ability to work with partners from within Company’s and outside, across
different cultures and time-zones.
• Technical and Project Management skills to lead a diverse team consisting of
Company’s personnel and partners to conduct advanced R&D in strategic technology
• Knowledge and deep understanding of state-of-the-art technologies, policies
and procedures related to Aerodynamics, Propulsion Integration and related areas.
• Exceptional research-focused business judgment and strong strategic
• Must be results-driven and have a strong bottom-line orientation.
• Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a
track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained
• Strategic thinking and execution-must be able to develop comprehensive India
intelligence / knowledge, and communicate with Company’s Engineering and
Technology organizations, identify capacity/capability to perform current and
projected engineering work statement and research, conduct on-site evaluations
and assessments as to the strengths to perform these activities.
• Past experience and demonstrated ability to do core Research and Development
in the broad areas of Aerodynamics, Propulsion Integration and related
technologies. Skilled in advising and mentoring subordinate managers or staff
members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
• Ability to mentor and teach subordinates and partners to accomplish project
and departmental goals and objectives.
• Technical degree, MS required (Ph.D. preferred) with 12+ years of experience
in Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering.
• Research and Development experience in the broad areas of Aerodynamics,
Propulsion Integration and related technologies.
• Demonstrated technology leadership experience and capability in a major
aerospace organization; ability to understand and communicate with technical
experts over a wide range of technologies and engineering disciplines.
• At least five years of experience managing flight sciences/aerodynamics/fluid
mechanics research and development engineers is highly desired.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you and your profile matches the
specifics then you may send in your profile and current compensation details, in
strict confidence to email@example.com or call on +91 8527791808