This section is intended for people who work on adding content to the Wiki. So fellow CFD-Wikians, this is your page, private hideout, coffee room, coordination center, after-hours bar or whatever you want to use it for. If you still haven't contributed to the Wiki please do so today! We need your help and everyone is welcome to join our team of Wiki authors.
What's in the works
You who do significant additions to the Wiki, please add some information about your work, plans and progress here so that others can see what you are working on and perhaps help, monitor, come with suggestions and most importantly, be inspired by.
- On May 21, 2007 we sent out a marketing email to all users of CFD Online. Hopefully this will make CFD-Wiki more well known and increase the number of additions --Jola 07:32, 21 May 2007 (MDT)
- I am currently working on the Turbulence section with a new navigational structure and adding more text. --Jola 16:21, 17 June 2007 (MDT)
What needs to be done
Anything that you want! Be bold and just pick something that you feel that you can improve! If you need some help with good ideas on things to work on here are a few suggestions:
- We have many turbulence models listed in the turbulence modeling section which still lack any description. Feel free to pick a model that you are familiar with and write a description of it. --Jola 01:50, 13 September 2005 (MDT)
- The FAQ section is still very thin. If you are familiar with one of the larger CFD codes please consider adding a few questions and answers to the FAQ. --Jola 08:28, 13 September 2005 (MDT)
- Editing! This is a constructive and collaborative work that improves with co-operation. -- Roberthealy1 16:48, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
- Referencing! Dig out your old Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer textbooks. Make sure that the information you are providing for the world is verified and peer reviewed elsewhere. -- Roberthealy1 13:00, 13 August 2007 (MDT)
- If you are an experienced CFD engineer and an expert in a special application area you are very welcome to start a best practise guideline for your speciality. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
- ... add your suggestions on what should be done here
- As commercial CFD codes become more and more capable, CFD design agencies are more and more pressed to reconsider the cost vs. benefit of developing and maintaining in-house codes. I have had many conversations on this topic with other CFD managers and practitioners - there is a lot to think about: We should have a discussion forum on this topic.
Other resources of interest
Here are a few links to pages that are of special interest for us CFD-Wikians:
CFD-Wikians - Who we are
Add your name here if you make contributions to the wiki.
The order is alphabetical (a - z) based on the user name.
- User:Anand - www.iitm.ac.in
- User:ABeevers - Adam Beevers
- User:Aerodeepak - Deepak Thirumurthy
- User:anurag - Anurag Sharma
- User:bajjal - Bajjal Raghavendra
- User:Ben - Ben D.
- User:Discoganya - Sujit Kirpekar
- User:ForMat - Matej Forman
- User:ganesh - Ganesh N
- User:harish - Harish Gopalan
- User:jasond - Jason D.
- User:jola - Jonas Larsson
- User:kiranc - Kiran Chutkey
- User:mirzapopovac - Mirza Popovac
- User:Michail - Michail Kirichkov
- User:Pavitran - Pavitran. D
- User:praveen - Praveen. C
- User:prokol - www.my-area.net
- User:Roberthealy1 - Robert Healy
- User:Robkunz - Rob Kunz
- User:s2vivek - vivekanandu.sakilam
- User:sharonmshepard - Sharon Shepard
- user:Sachinshendge - Sachin Shendge
- User:Si - Simon Hubbard
- User:snegan - Suriyanarayanan P
- User:Suneesh - Suneesh S.S.
- User:Toschi - Federico Toschi
- User:Tsaad - Tony Saad
- User:zxaar - Arjun Yadav