This section is intended for people who work on adding content to the Wiki. So fellow CFD-Wikians, this is your page, private hideout, coffee room, coordination center, after-hours bar or whatever you want to use it for. If you still haven't contributed to the Wiki please do so today! We need your help and everyone is welcome to join our team of Wiki authors.
What's in the works
You who do significant additions to the Wiki, please add some information about your work, plans and progress here so that others can see what you are working on and perhaps help, monitor, come with suggestions and most importantly, be inspired by.
- The CFD-Wiki will be publicly launched on Nov 20, 2005. Before the launch I will focus mainly on improving the administrative sections like content policies, help pages etc. The public launch will be a high-profile event and I'll spare no efforts to get the word out about the faboulous free CFD reference that we have started to create here. I hope that others can help with the rest of the content - it is very important that the CFD-Wiki looks good when we launch it publicly. Surfer are a very picky breed and they will only return and contribute things if they like what they see the first time they visit! --Jola 07:26, 11 November 2005 (MST)
- The numerics section is groving very quickly now and has a very ambitious table of content. Michail and zxaar are working hard on it. It is a very large area though so if you can help please do so. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
- We have been allowed to base the turbulence section on an excellent book on turbulence written by Professor William K. George. Pavitran is responsible for this work. Expect to see significant additions in this section. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
- The validation and test-case section has gotten off to a flying start. Both Praveen and Jasond have already added several cases. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
- We have a first special topics section on combustion. Salva and ForMat have created a basic structure and are adding content to it. --Jola 07:26, 11 November 2005 (MST)
- I've started work on creating a first best-practise guide. We need some sort of first example for how one of these should look. I chose to start with a guide for turbomachinery CFD. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
What needs to be done
Anything that you want! Be bold and just pick something that you feel that you can improve! If you need some help with good ideas on things to work on here are a few suggestions:
- We have many turbulence models listed in the turbulence modeling section which still lack any description. Feel free to pick a model that you are familiar with and write a description of it. --Jola 01:50, 13 September 2005 (MDT)
- The numerics section
- The FAQ section is still very thin. If you are familiar with one of the larger CFD codes please consider adding a few questions and answers to the FAQ. --Jola 08:28, 13 September 2005 (MDT)
- If you are an experienced CFD engineer and an expert in a special application area you are very welcome to start a best practise guideline for your speciality. --Jola 10:44, 18 September 2005 (MDT)
- ... add your suggestions on what should be done here
- I supose we need to develop strategy of making Wiki. I offer to use the contents of the main CFD-books. It will make easier to start for others -- Michail 19:32, 14 October 2005 (MDT)
Other resources of interest
Here are a few links to pages that are of special interest for us CFD-Wikians:
CFD-Wikians - Who we are
Add your name here if you make contributions to the wiki. The order is alphabetical based on the last name.
- User:ABeevers - Adam Beevers
- User:praveen - Praveen. C
- User:Ben - Ben D.
- User:jasond - Jason D.
- User:Pavitran - Pavitran. D
- User:ForMat - Matej Forman
- User:ganesh - Ganesh N
- User:harish - Harish Gopalan
- User:Michail - Michail Kirichkov
- User:Discoganya - Sujit Kirpekar
- User:jola - Jonas Larsson
- User:anurag - Anurag Sharma
- User:Suneesh - Suneesh S.S.
- User:zxaar - Arjun Yadav
- User:Toschi - Federico Toschi
- User:Tsaad - Tony Saad
- user:Sachinshendge - Sachin Shendge