This page is writted by a non english speaker; please excuse the bad grammar (And correct it!).
Applications in Civil Engineering are countless.
Some books for civil engineers directly exclude chapters with important topics like flow of water with fast variation on space and/or time. By example, "Open Channel Hydraulics" (V. T. Chow) has a chapter that only says something like "not much to say about...".
There are only two practical ways to know how work the water on this cases:
- Making a physical scale model.
- This can be done only with structures expensive enough to admit making a scale model. But the main volume of structures are cheap, or so small that a scale model need to take in account the surface stress, and the scale model need to ignore some characteristics of flux.
- Because of this, handbooks usually offer standard structures that have to be strictly copied, with poor degrees of freedom for designers. Alternatively, calculations use large security coefficients for overcoming uncertainities.
- Running a CFD simulation.
- Many CFD simulations run too slowly on desktop computers (2005). They take hours or days even for simple cases. This is because PC computers are still weak to do real time/interactive calculations.
- But this is changing with modern video cards; Graphics cards compatible with DirectX 9/OpenGL 2 are supercomputers. They have orders of magnitude more power than PC chips, and are programmable -See GPGPU-. This make tempting to the common civil engineer to start programming simulations. This has to be explained better.
- The SAV shall connect for receiving and displaying the MP4 Resource.
- This guide tell you how to convert MOD to lossless audio with Pavtube MOD Converter, which is designed for camcorder owners to convert MOD to lossless MP3, WAV, MKA,M4A, OGG, AC3. You can even set Dolby 5.1 channels.
- How to convert and edit MOD video with MOD Converter? Pavtube MOD Converter is designed for camcorder owners to edit and convert MOD to audio and almost all popular video formats.
- On the problem of how to convert MKV to Xvid, MKV to Xvid Converter provides you an easy and fast way to do that, a guide is provided as well.
- Here is an easy guide to show you how to convert MKV to DVDwith Pavtube MKV Converter for your reference.
- MKV to MPEG Tutorial: How to convert video from MKV(Matroska Video) with file extensions mkv to MPEG-2(MPEG-2 Video) with file extensions mpg?
- MKV Converter is best MKV file converter software. Support convert MKV to AVI,MKV to WMV, MKV to MP4, MKV to MPEG, MKV to MPG, and so on with ease.
- To convert MKV files to MP4format, please have Pavtube MKV Converter installed. In this guide you will find how to convert MKV to MP4 in three steps. Please find details below.
- MKV to DIVX Tutorial: How to convert video from MKV(Matroska Video) with file extensions MKV to DIVX(DivX Video) with file extensions divx with MKV Converter.
- This is a guide to tell how to convert HD video to SD videowith Pavtube HD Video Converter. It discusses how to import, set settings, convert and edit HD video to customize your own video.