Focus area May 2006: Turbulence modeling
Each month CFD-Wiki selects a certain focus area. The purpose of this is to get as many authors as possible to work together on a common subject. It is more fun to work in a group and it is easier to keep the momentum going and get something done if we focus on a joint goal. In May 2006 CFD-Wiki's focus area is turbulence modeling. So please don't hestiate, write something about turbulence modeling today!
Here are a few suggestions on things to do (feel free to add your own suggestions here):
- Check out the recent changes page to see what others are working on and try to help.
- We need an introduction to turbulence modeling, today we just have a table of contents there.
- Many turbulence models lack descriptions or the descriptions are not complete. For an example of a fairly complete turbulence model description see the Baldwin-Lomax model. So pick the turbulence model that you are most familiar with and improve its description now!
- It would be nice with some form of "decision help" on choosing turbulence models - perhaps a matrix or table which lists the merits, problems and what kind of physics different models are suitable or not suitable for.
- Noone has written anything about Reynolds stress modeling yet, that is a shame.