CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   ANSYS Meshing & Geometry (
-   -   [ICEM] Is there any way to change unit other than scailing? (

earth07 May 21, 2013 10:07

Is there any way to change unit other than scailing?
I've been working on full passage of turbine grid, and then just realized I imported the geometry in wrong unit, mm, which is supposed to be cm.

Since this is full passage of turbine, not sure if the scailing of geometry and blocking, and translatining a passage before copying it to full passage..
What I'm mostly worried about is that because of the tolerance problem, I'm afraid that there could be some kinda gap between passages if I scale them making the mesh quality bad.

If anyone knows how to change unit other than scailing, could you explain it?

mjgraf May 22, 2013 18:07

no worries.
complete the mesh as you are doing, export to your solver mesh, import into pre and scale it there.

keep in mind, CFX typically works in SI meter unless you customize the solver units.

earth07 May 23, 2013 09:29

Thanks for your answer, mjgraf! :D

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 23:46.