|July 3, 2009, 11:35||
How to mesh this surface in CFX-mesh ?
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 14Rep Power: 9
I have problem to obtain the mesh model for this surface:
This object is a pipe wall treated as a boundary layer for the fluid region. On the photos we can observe fluid region (red) and the another region (structure). I have introduced:
- default face spacing: option-angular resolution, angular resolution-18 degrees, min edge length-0.1 mm, max edge length-4.5 mm, radius of influence-0mm, expansion factor-1.2
- inflated boundary option: number of layers-5, expansion factor-1.2, number of spreading iteration-0, min internal angle-2.5 degrees, max external angle-10 degrees, option-first layer thikness, define first layer by-first prism height, first prism height-0.01 mm, extended layer growth-yes, layer by layer smoothing-no.
The length of the model is 50 mm, and the width is 25 mm. I have problem to obtain mesh due to:
- boundary edge does not exit face (Subr: cutlist),
- mesh spacing does not adequately resolve CAD face and results in self-intersecting boundary edges,
- parameterization of faces poor near singular points.
Any ideas how to mesh it ??
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|mesh from icem cfd to cfx, how?||Rogerio Fernandes Brito||CFX||17||April 18, 2016 03:34|
|Arbitary Surface in CFX Postprocessor||MiXaNiK||CFX||0||May 29, 2009 08:33|
|CFX mesh cause software blocked||ahlo||CFX||3||December 13, 2007 14:34|
|Mesh conjunction in CFX||Twiti||CFX||4||January 10, 2005 21:35|
|CFX 5.6 mesh build||shhe||CFX||1||February 13, 2004 05:27|