|December 6, 2013, 09:12||
Help me to choose between Ansys Meshing, Fluent Meshing or ICEM ?
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26Rep Power: 6
In the framework of a new project, we want to test a brand new meshing tool. We have several Gambit licence since years but, as this software is no more in production, we want to change for something new and it seems some changes appeared recently in ANSYS product line.
In our activity, we need to perform mesh on :
- 3D geometry ;
- fluid geometry is often extracted from CAD fils (Catia) ;
- simple (air duct) to complex geometry (airplane engine inlet) ;
- from 100 000 to 10 000 000 cells for each mesh.
- I think our project is goind to need hybrid mesh with hexa on large and regular cylindrical zones and tetra for the most complex zones.
I have selected the following software :
- ANSYS Meshing (new for me) ;
- Fluent Meshing (new for me) ;
- ICEM CFD (I know it a little bit) .
Could you please give me your opinion on these meshing tools ? A list of advantages / drawbacks for each product for example would be very helpful regarding our needs...
Thanks for your help.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[ICEM] what does the different ANSYS ICEM and ANSYS Workbench?||agungwp||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||8||April 12, 2016 04:51|
|[DesignModeler] 2-D meshing for Fluent in Ansys 12||fade||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||21||February 23, 2014 19:22|
|[ICEM] ICEM sizing function >>> Gambit and Ansys meshing||Far||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||0||March 3, 2013 11:17|
|[Other] Ansys meshing - periodic mesh for fluent||jsm||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||4||September 24, 2010 14:25|
|[ICEM] Meshing problem from ICEM CFD to Fluent||cfdonlinederafa||ANSYS Meshing & Geometry||2||September 21, 2010 16:16|