Lost in "translation"
I'm modeling cyclones using CFX, and in many publications I've found and I'm using as references is used the FLUENT code.
Please, I'd like some help in "translating" these options.
I'll write the FLUENT denomination and I'd like to receive the CFX one:
- Outflow boundary
- QUICK discretization scheme
- PRESTO! pressure interpolation scheme
- SIMPLE pressure-velocity coupling
I know where to find the options I need, but I don't know how to choose. Please help me.
- Outflow in Fluent is roughly equivalent to Opening in CFX.
- CFX does not have QUICK advection scheme. Use High Resolution to get second order.
- I don't know exactly what PRESTO! does so I can't suggest an alternative. My experience with CFX is that you don't usually have to fiddle around with schemes very much.
- CFX does not use SIMPLE or its variants. It is a coupled solver.
CFX does have QUICK. You have to use the CCL to get it as you cannot access it with CFX-Pre.
CFX uses Rhie-Chow pressure interpolation, not PRESTO. You cannot change this in CFX.
Chris's other answers are correct.
You are right about QUICK, Glenn. I forgot about that.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13.|