Meshing error with STL geometry

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   March 30, 2017, 04:08
Default Meshing error with STL geometry

Varnis Charalambous
VarnisC is on a distinguished road
Hello

I have created a VAWT blade, using QBlade, with symmetrical aerofoil and specific geometry of 2m in height and 0.3m in chord (spanwise and chordwise points have been set to 400 and 40 respectively). I have exported that to stl file and imported to Ansys CFX, but during meshing it pops up this error:

"The mesh generation did not complete due to poor quality elements or incorrect input. Please try meshing with another mesh method or different mesh options."

I have tried changing the geometry but to no avail. I have also amended the meshing properties but still no result. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Varnis
VarnisC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 30, 2017, 18:29
Super Moderator

Glenn Horrocks
ghorrocks is a jewel in the roughghorrocks is a jewel in the roughghorrocks is a jewel in the rough
This usually occurs when one of the following occurs:
* The CAD description of the surfaces is very poor and gives the mesher a hard time
* The CAD contains areas which are hard to mesh:
** Surfaces very close
** Thin gaps
** Very sharp points
ghorrocks is offline   Reply With Quote