CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   CFX (
-   -   Orifice (

Prince of Persia December 18, 2011 09:41

1 Attachment(s)
how can i do this simulation?

k_k December 18, 2011 12:12

you have to know the mass flow through the orifice plate. So can use either mass flow inlet/velocity inlet - pressure outlet or pressure inlet - mass flow outlet combinations. If you are using a velocity inlet boundary conditions and if it is a fully developed turbulent flow make sure you use a udf or user defined profile to define the fully developed turbulent velocity profile at inlet.

here is a useful material, but it is for laminar,

ghorrocks December 18, 2011 17:44

Yes, you can model this. But what do you want to get out of the model? Pretty pictures? Pressure drop? Flow cross section?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35.