Home > Forums > Software User Forums > CONVERGE

CHT Boundary Error

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   March 6, 2021, 07:57
Default CHT Boundary Error

Asher
mohmdasher is on a distinguished road
Hi, I'm trying to simulate a Conjugate heat transfer (CHT) problem, with region 0 as fluid and region 1 as solid. While all the boundaries are correctly defined (apparently) and there is no error in the case setup, when I start "Run", converge shows an error saying "Neighboring triangles have different streams"; full log file is attached herewith.

Kindly help me in understanding this issue and how to go about with it. Further, is there a way in converge wherein I can give the coordinate indicated in log file and see which part it indicates in the geometry.

Thanks and regards,
Asher
Attached Files
File Type: txt converge.txt (30.5 KB, 6 views)
mohmdasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   March 9, 2021, 16:35

Kislaya Srivastava
ksrivast is on a distinguished road
Greetings,

Your boundary or region definition (most likely Forward/Reverse region IDs for interfaces) is wrong in your case setup. CONVERGE reports the boundary IDs in question in the log file. Please check the definition of those boundaries. Ensure the boundary normals are pointing in the correct direction based on your selection of Forward/Reverse region ID. You might also want to make sure all connected fluid regions have the same stream ID.

You can enable "Check stream consistency for interface boundaries" in your Diagnosis tool and recheck your setup to see if the problematic triangles are reported. You can create a new vertex (or a small sphere) at those x,y,z locations reported in the log file. Free vertices will be highlighted in red.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
ksrivast is offline   Reply With Quote