CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Fluent UDF and Scheme Programming

How to get and output temperature at a certain point by using UDF?

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aestas

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   August 24, 2016, 21:52
Default How to get and output temperature at a certain point by using UDF?
  #1
Member
 
Peter Aestas
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
aestas is on a distinguished road
Hi my friends, I am now using Fluent with a 3D model, and i want to get and output temperature at a certain point on one surface every time step by using UDF, and i have known the real position (for example x=0.3cm ,y=0.2cm, z=0).

i don't know how to get the according position in the cell by UDF, since the size of the cell is uneven.

Can you help me?
aestas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 25, 2016, 08:30
Default
  #2
Member
 
KirMaks
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 3
kirmaks is on a distinguished road
Hallo, you may simply setup the monitor point via GUI to get the variation of the variable during the time. Why do You need to use UDF?

Regards, Maks.
kirmaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 25, 2016, 21:02
Default
  #3
Member
 
Peter Aestas
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
aestas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirmaks View Post
Hallo, you may simply setup the monitor point via GUI to get the variation of the variable during the time. Why do You need to use UDF?

Regards, Maks.
Hi, do you mean monitor a point in the "surface monitors"? I don't know which monitors type to choose, it seems that there is not a type to just monitor the temperature value every step at one point...
aestas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 26, 2016, 01:40
Default
  #4
Member
 
KirMaks
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 3
kirmaks is on a distinguished road
Yes, I mean surface monitor, there are several threads on this topic already in the forum, for example: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flu...ce-points.html Try to search for the others.

UDF solution also exists and is also published: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flu...ide-model.html

Good luck and best regards, Maks
kirmaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 26, 2016, 03:44
Default
  #5
Member
 
Peter Aestas
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
aestas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirmaks View Post
Yes, I mean surface monitor, there are several threads on this topic already in the forum, for example: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flu...ce-points.html Try to search for the others.

UDF solution also exists and is also published: http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/flu...ide-model.html

Good luck and best regards, Maks
Thank you so much, Maks, i have tried both methods now, and i am using UDF to read values and store them in a txt file every time step
aestas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 27, 2016, 03:20
Default
  #6
D.M
Member
 
Davoud Malekian
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 3
D.M is on a distinguished road
Hello aestas,
i will be gratefull if you post your udf here(udf for finding a variable in certain point), it is a big help. tnx.
regards.
D.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 28, 2016, 20:44
Default
  #7
Member
 
Peter Aestas
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 5
aestas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M View Post
Hello aestas,
i will be gratefull if you post your udf here(udf for finding a variable in certain point), it is a big help. tnx.
regards.
Hello D.M.
I run fluent in parallel, and i used the example in UDF manual 7.9, "wirting filed in parallel".
D.M likes this.
aestas is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 22:11.