CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   FLUENT (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/)
-   -   install fluent on centos (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/fluent/108528-install-fluent-centos.html)

vahidss October 25, 2012 12:21

install fluent on centos
 
hi everybody
I have installed fluent on centos6-64bit and i receive this error:

can't exec /home/vahidss/Program/Fluent.Inc/license/lnamd64/fluentlm-helper91: No such file or directory

No error handler available
Error: Cortex received a fatal signal (SEGMENTATION VIOLATION).
Error Object: ()
Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?


Can anybody help me please?

stuart23 October 27, 2012 09:32

Ummmm, what version of Fluent are you trying to install??? Fluent has been part of Ansys for a few releases (12 onwards maybe?) now, so it shouldn't be coming up as ../Fluent.Inc/... unless you are installing a very old (6.3?).

Try installing the latest version, you should be able to download it from the Ansys website. I have Fluent 13.0 and 14.0 all working on CentOS 6.2


Stu

vahidss October 28, 2012 15:36

yes I am using Fluent 6.3

But I think it should work on Centos.
I think the problem is that I have some missed libraries.

entropies November 7, 2012 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahidss (Post 388970)
yes I am using Fluent 6.3

But I think it should work on Centos.
I think the problem is that I have some missed libraries.


Hi,

Have you successfully install fluent or ANSYS 14.0? I met a problem kind like that too.

entropies November 7, 2012 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vahidss (Post 388970)
yes I am using Fluent 6.3

But I think it should work on Centos.
I think the problem is that I have some missed libraries.

My problem looks like this:

line 2863: 9468 Segmentation fault $EXE_CMD $CX_FLAGS $FL_FLAGS
The fluent process could not be started.

entropies November 7, 2012 19:27

Hi,

I solved my problem. It has sth. to do with the DNS setup.

Cheers!

juzer_700 January 21, 2013 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropies (Post 390907)
My problem looks like this:

line 2863: 9468 Segmentation fault $EXE_CMD $CX_FLAGS $FL_FLAGS
The fluent process could not be started.

Hi, I have installed Ansys 14.0 on Centos. I am getting the following error:

Segmentation fault (core dumped) $EXE_CMD $CX_FLAGS $FL_FLAGS
/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent/fluent14.0.0/bin/fluent -r14.0.0 3d -alnamd64 -path/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent -cx iclabserver:55347:45115
The fluent process could not be started.

Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?

Please help hpw to resolve this error. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

juzer_700 January 21, 2013 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropies (Post 390910)
Hi,

I solved my problem. It has sth. to do with the DNS setup.

Cheers!


Hi, can you help me solving my problem. Please it's urgent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Segmentation fault (core dumped) $EXE_CMD $CX_FLAGS $FL_FLAGS
/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent/fluent14.0.0/bin/fluent -r14.0.0 3d -alnamd64 -path/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent -cx iclabserver:55347:45115
The fluent process could not be started.

Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wallace March 26, 2013 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropies (Post 390910)
Hi,

I solved my problem. It has sth. to do with the DNS setup.

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Fluent in a VirtualBox Scientific Linux. When I've direct access to the license server everything works fine, but when I connect by VPN, I get an error like yours. I think it's a networking issue with VirtualBox but you've figured it out, so please tell us how you did it!!!

entropies March 26, 2013 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzer_700 (Post 403042)
Hi, can you help me solving my problem. Please it's urgent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Segmentation fault (core dumped) $EXE_CMD $CX_FLAGS $FL_FLAGS
/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent/fluent14.0.0/bin/fluent -r14.0.0 3d -alnamd64 -path/usr/ansys_inc/v140/fluent -cx iclabserver:55347:45115
The fluent process could not be started.

Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that reply you so late. I haven't check this email account for a long time.

You should check your hostname setup in /etc/hostname, make sure that it's the same with the one in your terminal. I found it is the case for my problem.

entropies March 26, 2013 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace (Post 416585)
I'm having the same problem. I'm running Fluent in a VirtualBox Scientific Linux. When I've direct access to the license server everything works fine, but when I connect by VPN, I get an error like yours. I think it's a networking issue with VirtualBox but you've figured it out, so please tell us how you did it!!!

Hi, first of all, I never tried to use VirtualBox.

Second, can you do SSH to the server machine and open FLUENT with the terminal?

wallace March 28, 2013 13:45

Thanks for your reply. The problem appears to have been solved, but I'm not sure why. I edited a line in /etc/hosts on the guest machine and things started working fine. But then I commented out that line again and things have still been working fine since. I can't actually seem to reproduce the error any more. I guess it's a OS X / Virtualbox / Cisco AnyConnect / Scientific Linux peculiarity.

yilufeihua April 5, 2015 05:32

Hi.
I have installed fluent6.3 on centos 6.5 -64bit and i receive this error.
I want to know whether you had solved your problem.

Could you help me, please?

TurbineLee April 6, 2015 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by yilufeihua (Post 539999)
Hi.
I have installed fluent6.3 on centos 6.5 -64bit and i receive this error.
I want to know whether you had solved your problem.

Could you help me, please?


You might need to modify your file-- /etc/hosts.
Change the hostname in the file to the real hostname of your computer.
Good luck!

yilufeihua April 6, 2015 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurbineLee (Post 540100)
You might need to modify your file-- /etc/hosts.
Change the hostname in the file to the real hostname of your computer.
Good luck!

Yes, I add my hostname to the file (/etc/hosts) , then ,reboot. but whitout any effect.
My question is the same as vihadss‘s:
can't exec /home/vahidss/Program/Fluent.Inc/license/lnamd64/fluentlm-helper91: No such file or directory

No error handler available
Error: Cortex received a fatal signal (SEGMENTATION VIOLATION).
Error Object: ()
Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?

Reyouma April 26, 2016 05:14

Hi everyone, I am a new user of Ansys, when I run Fluent I got the following message, does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?[/QUOTE]

LuckyTran April 27, 2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reyouma (Post 596723)
Hi everyone, I am a new user of Ansys, when I run Fluent I got the following message, does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
Error: eval: unassigned variable
Error Object: rp-3d?

[/QUOTE]

This thread is specific to centos. Is your problem in any way related to centos?

When you launch Fluent you must specify the environment and whether it is 2D or 3D. In your case, that variable has not been assigned.

i.e. you usually start fluent with:
fluent 2d ...
fluent 3d ...
fluent 2ddp ...
fluent 3ddp ...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04.