CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   how to make moving surface(flutter surface) ? (

bluAero November 16, 2012 11:04

how to make moving surface(flutter surface) ?
I am aeronautical engineering student, and I have graduate project named
Flexible wing .
And is a flexible wing featuring movement of the upper surface flutter .. Means the upper surface moves up and down (the top surface shown in green in the below pic), and this process improvement aerodynamics properties of the wing ...

Now I want a way in fluent program so make this a moving surface in fluent and I could take readings required ..
I tried through the dynamic mesh
But I did not make it -_-

i hope one of you will help me and explain to me how moving the upper surface .:)

cfd seeker November 18, 2012 13:29

You can do it with the help of UDF but for that you must know the equation for the movement you want to model

diamondx November 18, 2012 15:01

this is a very interesting. sorry that i can't help that much. CFD-seeker can you enlighten us on how to do that if you have the equation of movement. may be with your own equation. how did you achieve that ? thank you very much

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49.