|November 24, 2012, 06:13||
Doubts regarding Boundary conditions
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5Rep Power: 6
I hope this is not considered as posting multiple threads for same query. I posted one in here for http://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/ans...d-regions.html for doubts in meshing.
The problem and doubts I have:
1. The gas enters from the edge marked in pic with temp 500K and pressure of 100Pa. BC Type Pressure Inlet. There are 2 Gauge total pressure and Supersonic/Initial Gauge Pressure. Which one should I use?
2. The steam is at a temperature of 200K. BC Type Wall
3. I make the left and right edges periodic.
4. I do not know the exit conditions.
5. My objective is to find the solid wall temperature.
I created 3 materials in fluent because there are 3 zones - gas, steam and solid with different properties. Do I need 3 materials or just 2 is enough - steam and solid and give just temp. and pressure for flue gas?
The exit I tried to make Type as Outflow but I get this "Warning: Both outflow and pressure boundaries are present in the domain. This is an incompatibility and solution cannot proceed until this is fixed." So what type should I make exit as?
diamondx suggested mas flow inlet. I will try getting the mass flow, but for now assuming I go with Pressure inlet, can someone clarify my doubts?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Impinging Jet Boundary Conditions||Anindya||Main CFD Forum||25||February 27, 2016 13:58|
|symmetry boundary conditions in cfx||lost.identity||CFX||41||May 22, 2013 07:21|
|OpenFOAM Variable Velocity Boundary Conditions||NickolasPl||OpenFOAM Programming & Development||2||May 19, 2011 05:37|
|boundary conditions and mesh exporting||vaina74||Open Source Meshers: Gmsh, Netgen, CGNS, ...||2||May 27, 2010 09:38|
|Trimmed cell and embedded refinement mesh conversion issues||michele||OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ...||2||July 15, 2005 04:15|