CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   Which y+? (

Lea December 14, 2012 06:07

Which y+?

I simulate a water flow in a pipe and I want to make the mesh right so that y+ is right. I already searched for a list that tells me which value y+ must be like depending on the model (e.g. k-e model,k-omega...) but I can't find anything in the theory-,users- and tutorial guide.
Maybe you can tell me a source where I can find this.

Thank you=)

ghost82 December 14, 2012 06:28

I can suggest to read this:
Wall y+ Strategy for Dealing with Wall-bounded Turbulent Flows
Authors: Salim .M. Salim, and S.C. Cheah

There are comparisons between k-epsilon, k-omega, spalart-allmaras and RSM, with standard and enhanced wall functions.


eishinsnsayshin December 18, 2012 14:24

Hey try reading around 4.13 in the Theory Guide: Near-wall treatments for wall bounded turbulent flows.

You can also get there by searching in the help section for fluent "viscous model dialog box" (36.3.3) and click the link for "steps in using a turbulence model" at the top, then there will be a link in that section for near wall treatments for wall bounded flows.

Hope this at least gets you started!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:46.