CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > FLUENT

Flim Boiling Boiling

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   February 14, 2015, 07:09
Default Flim Boiling Boiling
  #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Rep Power: 7
tsram90 is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am trying to simulate the boiling of water over a heated surface. The temperature of plate is high so initially film boiling should occur. The heat transfer rate should be low. As temperature decreases, the boiling should change to Nucleate boiling.

How can I successfully simulate this? I tried with mixture model and Boiling model in Eularian multiphase mode, but they are not giving the correct contours ( I have experimental results to compare to.) There is supposed to be a quick dip in temperature as film boiling ends and the cool water touches the surface. I am not getting this.

Should I be using somesort of UDF for this? Is there any established or validated UDF for post critical heat flux boiling?
tsram90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 24, 2016, 08:17
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 4
dxm2008 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsram90 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to simulate the boiling of water over a heated surface. The temperature of plate is high so initially film boiling should occur. The heat transfer rate should be low. As temperature decreases, the boiling should change to Nucleate boiling.

How can I successfully simulate this? I tried with mixture model and Boiling model in Eularian multiphase mode, but they are not giving the correct contours ( I have experimental results to compare to.) There is supposed to be a quick dip in temperature as film boiling ends and the cool water touches the surface. I am not getting this.

Should I be using somesort of UDF for this? Is there any established or validated UDF for post critical heat flux boiling?
hi, maybe late for you, have you found any suitable model for CHF? i am trying use mixture model and mass-energy transfer udf to simulate two-phase flow with phase change and CHF, and I get the sharp increase of wall temperature. but I still not sure it is a correct CHF phenomena, do you think it is right to use mixture model to simulate the CHF phenomena?
dxm2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 24, 2016, 09:06
Default
  #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 80
Rep Power: 7
tsram90 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxm2008 View Post
hi, maybe late for you, have you found any suitable model for CHF? i am trying use mixture model and mass-energy transfer udf to simulate two-phase flow with phase change and CHF, and I get the sharp increase of wall temperature. but I still not sure it is a correct CHF phenomena, do you think it is right to use mixture model to simulate the CHF phenomena?
Hello,

You have to write UDFs to correctly model for this. I don't have my files anymore, you will find some similar ones in Internet.
tsram90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 24, 2016, 09:12
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 4
dxm2008 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsram90 View Post
Hello,

You have to write UDFs to correctly model for this. I don't have my files anymore, you will find some similar ones in Internet.
thank you for your reply, so you are sure that mixture model will work well with wall boiling and CHF phenomena if I can write essential UDFs.~
dong
dxm2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
boiling, critical heat flux, eularian model, udf

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VOF Boiling rawe666 STAR-CCM+ 6 March 5, 2017 21:50
RPI Wall Boiling Problem aliemadi CFX 2 March 28, 2016 18:16
Water subcooled boiling Attesz CFX 7 January 5, 2013 04:32
how to model boiling process wanghong FLUENT 2 October 1, 2010 17:07
Boiling on Mountaintop Frank Main CFD Forum 3 January 16, 2009 17:33


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:43.