|May 30, 2016, 04:51||
Convergence - Mixed Convection - Circular Cylinder
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 29Rep Power: 3
I am trying to model, mixed convection heat transfer around a circular cylinder using FLUENT.
Following are the details of my setup:
1) Polar co-ordinate system.
2) The Cylinder of diameter 1m is placed at the origin and the boundaries are placed 150m away form the cylinder surface.
3) The Reynolds number is 40 and Richardson number is 4.
4) Corresponding inlet velocity is 0.000584293 m/s and the gravity is -8.1935e-05 m/s2.
The solution is not at all converging. (Reversed flow at x faces at pressure-outlet).
I have already tried
1) Changing the outlet boundary to outflow.
2) Moving the boundary far away from cylinder (I tried even upto 1000m).
3) Using PISO, PRESTO methods.
4) Gradually increasing the Ri value.
5) Unsteady solution.
6) Reducing URF values
Kindly please help me solve this. THANK YOU.
National Institute of Technology, Trichy, India.
|circular cylinder, convergence., fluent, mixed convection, natural convection|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Free convection from vertical cylinder||Mariusz||FLUENT||1||February 2, 2017 14:36|
|2D flow around a circular cylinder case with interFoam solver||shuoxue||OpenFOAM Running, Solving & CFD||0||August 31, 2013 05:04|
|Mixed convection across circular cylinder||Sachin Paramane||Main CFD Forum||0||January 7, 2008 00:09|
|3D Flow over a circular cylinder||Srinivas||FLUENT||3||March 15, 2005 20:57|
|Turbulent steady flow around a circular cylinder||Mirek Kabacinski||FLUENT||0||July 23, 2003 18:40|