'' Surface Monitor '' ''Interior_BC''

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   November 21, 2016, 07:05
Default '' Surface Monitor '' ''Interior_BC''

Onur ÷zcan
oozcan is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

I am working on heat transfers over 3d mould equipments.

I wanted to monitor as area weighted averaged for any 3d part.

like , Surface monitor > Interior_3d part.

what region is defined as Interior_3d_part ?

I may monitor that 3d part to see differences in temperature in volume monitor. But I just wonder what it stands for?(surface monitor>interior in 3d part
oozcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 21, 2016, 08:59

Kushal Puri
Kushal Puri is on a distinguished road
For defining the surface monitor, just select the, Report type (area weighted average), then field variable (eg : temperature, if you want to monitor temperature) and the select the surface on which you wan to monitor.

Turn on plot
Kushal Puri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 21, 2016, 09:27

Onur ÷zcan
actually I would like to ask difference between in volume monitor and interior_BC for surface monitor.

I have a solid part and contacts to fluid zone. I would like to see how temperature distribution of solid zone is (steady-state). That's why, I selected regarding cell zone in volume-monitor. But there is interior_BC in surface monitor give same results in temperature in same way. That's why I ask above question.

Old   November 21, 2016, 14:20

Lucky Tran
LuckyTran will become famous soon enoughLuckyTran will become famous soon enough
The interior surface is the collection of faces of the interior cells (think of it as all the non-boundary cell faces).

However, what you are saying does not make sense. If want to do blah blah blah on a 3D part, you should be doing a volume operation. If you want to do area-weighted average on blah blah blah, that implies you are working on a surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oozcan View Post
what region is defined as Interior_3d_part ?
The zone is the region.
LuckyTran is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 23, 2016, 06:24

Onur ÷zcan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTran View Post
The interior surface is the collection of faces of the interior cells (think of it as all the non-boundary cell faces).

However, what you are saying does not make sense. If want to do blah blah blah on a 3D part, you should be doing a volume operation. If you want to do area-weighted average on blah blah blah, that implies you are working on a surface.

The zone is the region.
yeah cool, thank you for your valuable answer.

Ok, well, if it is collection faces of a cell, for example, think about a rectangular, what exactly does it represent? collection of longitudinal or transverse?

Old   November 23, 2016, 12:52

Kushal Puri
Kushal Puri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oozcan View Post
yeah cool, thank you for your valuable answer.

Ok, well, if it is collection faces of a cell, for example, think about a rectangular, what exactly does it represent? collection of longitudinal or transverse?
Rectangular what ?, Actually still i dont understand your question. What you want.

Area weighted average things you can find on 2d surface (eg wall, 2d interior etc) not on the 3d part. On 3d cells you can find the volume integral of mass average, mass, volume average of any property.

It will be good if you tell exactly what you are trying to find.
Kushal Puri is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 23, 2016, 13:02

Onur ÷zcan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal Puri View Post
Rectangular what ?, Actually still i dont understand your question. What you want.

Area weighted average things you can find on 2d surface (eg wall, 2d interior etc) not on the 3d part. On 3d cells you can find the volume integral of mass average, mass, volume average of any property.

It will be good if you tell exactly what you are trying to find.
well, all proofs are attached.

as you can see writing ''neckring'' . It is a cell zone and actually 3d body. Well, FLUENT create interior BC with its name and then, I have selected it in surface monitor. That's why I ask that that what interior seen in surface monitor mean?
Attached Images
File Type: png 20.PNG (8.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png 21.PNG (14.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png 22.PNG (20.1 KB, 2 views)