CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > FLUENT

fluent error gui-domain-label: no domain selected Error Object: 1038410352

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fari87
  • 1 Post By sadio
  • 1 Post By dlkadk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   August 22, 2017, 09:27
Default fluent error gui-domain-label: no domain selected Error Object: 1038410352
  #1
New Member
 
Farhad
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 7
Fari87 is on a distinguished road
Hi all,

I'm investigation natural convection on a assembly. I've started a 10s flow-time simulation (time step sizes 0.0015s ~6700 time steps).

The issue regarding the subject of this thread appeared after 6000 time steps (before that the calculation run 3 days without any issues). Plesae also find attached the error message:

"fluent error gui-domain-label: no domain selected Error Object: 1038410352"

Just click "Ok" doesn't work, however after closing that error-window the calculation goes on. But I need to close it after every time step as it appeares regularly...

Does anyone know this issue. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support

Best regards
Fari
Attached Images
File Type: png error message.PNG (39.8 KB, 56 views)
Fari87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 24, 2017, 09:41
Default
  #2
New Member
 
Farhad
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 7
Fari87 is on a distinguished road
I still do not know why that error window appeared, however I've solved the problem by downloading a free ware for automated mouse clicks.

It has closed the error message repeatedly, till the calculation was done.
Papes likes this.
Fari87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 25, 2017, 20:34
Default
  #3
New Member
 
Saheed
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
sadio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fari87 View Post
Hi all,

I'm investigation natural convection on a assembly. I've started a 10s flow-time simulation (time step sizes 0.0015s ~6700 time steps).

The issue regarding the subject of this thread appeared after 6000 time steps (before that the calculation run 3 days without any issues). Plesae also find attached the error message:

"fluent error gui-domain-label: no domain selected Error Object: 1038410352"

Just click "Ok" doesn't work, however after closing that error-window the calculation goes on. But I need to close it after every time step as it appeares regularly...

Does anyone know this issue. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your support

Best regards
Fari
I had same problem just now, but I was able to figure it out. I unchecked Data sampling for time statistics under Run. And it stopped!

I hope it helps.
Papes likes this.
sadio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   May 8, 2019, 05:31
Default
  #4
New Member
 
Daniel
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 8
dlkadk is on a distinguished road
This can happen when the report definitions are not valid. Please check your report file definitions.
Papes likes this.
dlkadk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   November 22, 2019, 05:53
Default What is the source of the error?
  #5
New Member
 
Sandeep Gosavi
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
Sandeep_Gosavi is on a distinguished road
I am facing the same issue here. However, I don't want to uncheck the data sampling for time statistics. I checked, rechecked my report definitions as well. Anyone figured this out, what is the reason of this error.
Sandeep_Gosavi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   October 28, 2020, 03:52
Thumbs up
  #6
Member
 
Vivek MJ
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: India
Posts: 53
Rep Power: 4
vivjk94 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadio View Post
I had same problem just now, but I was able to figure it out. I unchecked Data sampling for time statistics under Run. And it stopped!

I hope it helps.
Thank you, this works.
Although I had to run the solver for 4 hrs
vivjk94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 1, 2021, 00:57
Default
  #7
Senior Member
 
Kira
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Canada
Posts: 436
Rep Power: 7
aero_head is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fari87 View Post
I still do not know why that error window appeared, however I've solved the problem by downloading a free ware for automated mouse clicks.

It has closed the error message repeatedly, till the calculation was done.
Creative workaround! Gave me a chuckle, how you just went 'Take that, machine. I'm in control here, give me my simulation results!'
aero_head is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem in using parallel process in fluent 14 Tleja FLUENT 3 September 13, 2013 11:54
injection problem Mark New FLUENT 0 August 4, 2013 02:30
problem in using parallel process in fluent 14 aydinkabir88 FLUENT 1 July 10, 2013 03:00
[ICEM] domain interface in ICEM for fluent hsn ANSYS Meshing & Geometry 24 November 27, 2012 17:43
How to change domain extents in fluent kbs FLUENT 4 April 26, 2008 17:32


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:37.