CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > FLUENT


Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   April 24, 2001, 10:12
Default Interface
Ting Lik Ho
Posts: n/a
I wish to know more about the boundry type - interface. I use it to specify the face between the region before the rotor and the volume between the rotor blades.

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote

Old   April 25, 2001, 14:25
Default Re: Interface
Xiao Hu
Posts: n/a
I think you might be confused with interface and internal (or interior). Internal is used to separate different fluid zones and mesh control. Interface, however, allows you to assemble different mesh components. Let's say you are modeling a flow going through two pipes. One of them has smaller diameter than the other. Let's say the flow comes in at the small pipe and goes out at the large one. Fluent allows you to mesh those two pipes separately. And then the outlet of the small pipe and the inlet of the large pipe will have type of interface. In Fluent, you go to Define->Grid Interface to match them. The common part to those two interfaces will have fluid going through, while the uncommon part will be walls.
  Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wind turbine simulation Saturn CFX 48 October 25, 2017 06:07
RPM in Wind Turbine Pankaj CFX 9 November 23, 2009 05:05
CFX Solver Memory Error mike CFX 1 March 19, 2008 08:22
Convective Heat Transfer - Heat Exchanger Mark CFX 6 November 15, 2004 16:55
Replace periodic by inlet-outlet pair lego CFX 3 November 5, 2002 21:09

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 17:31.