CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   FLUENT (
-   -   Moving interface (

Unal March 26, 2004 03:42

Moving interface

How can I define moving interface (or moving mesh)for two immicible fluid (for example air andwater) in a vertical tube. I tried VOF method but not converged. I don't want to mass diffusion interaction of phases.


Ady April 7, 2004 00:03

Re: Moving interface
Just for using VoF , you do not need the Moving mesh even though the interface is moving! Switch off moving mesh. Use unsteady solver.. Use piso fopr pressure.. Start with a time step say 1 e-3 and inner iteration 50..

Best, Ady

Unal AKDAG April 7, 2004 02:17

Re: Moving interface
Dear Andy,

Thanks, for your attention. I defined VOF model my problem, but the interface is interpreted other phase and then uncertain. I dont want phase interaction or mass diffusion. Are there any information this topic.

Best regarding, UNAL

Mahesh April 13, 2004 09:22

Re: Moving interface

U can define motion to interface if u know how it is going to deform. Best way to solve this problem is to use VoF only. I had tried with oil and waiter and it works fine. If the solution depends only on density difference, then try VoF.

Unal AKDAG April 16, 2004 10:02

Re: Moving interface
Hi Mahesh Thanks...I try to solve this problem is to use VOF only. But I have a convergence problem. I choose time step is 1e-3 and pressure PISO. My fluid is water and air. Are there any other options to define problem.

best regard

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01.