CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > FLUENT

result problem...

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   July 20, 2006, 16:54
Default result problem...
Posts: n/a

my simulation is about supersonic flow (Mach=2) around a launcher vehicle model tested in wind tunnel.

My goal is match computational results with experimental ones. I have tested some structured meshes (from Gambit); the Cp is quite the same, but the skin-friction coefficient is very different and that make the Fluent Cd far from wind tunnel data (I think...)

I have used standard 1st order k-e turbulence model, with standard wall function (y+ < 80 for my boundary) and CFL=0.2.

I have changed mesh, CFL, wall funcion, but no good results.

Moreover, when I use 2nd K-e model, the result is worse than the 1st order one!

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance,

  Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Handling cyclic BC from gambit to openfoam for a cascade airfoil problem - OF 1.6 maverick OpenFOAM Other Meshers: ICEM, Star, Ansys, Pointwise, GridPro, Ansa, ... 2 June 18, 2011 04:36
Problem with skew faces in simpleFoam... HelloWorld OpenFOAM 7 May 14, 2010 11:28
Velocity profiles problem behind the elbow (3D problem) kabat73 FLUENT 8 May 9, 2010 04:26
Periodic flow boundary condition problem sudha FLUENT 3 April 28, 2004 08:40
Problem in cyclone simulation JiChun FLUENT 4 May 18, 2002 07:45

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25.