CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > ANSYS > FLUENT

Interface and Interior

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   May 20, 2007, 17:55
Default Interface and Interior
Ken Adams
Posts: n/a
Hi all,

Is there anyone who can explain the difference between "Interface" and "Interior" when a boundary is defined as wall in Gambit or Fluent?

Thank you,

  Reply With Quote

Old   May 24, 2007, 15:58
Default Re: Interface and Interior
Posts: n/a
I think the interior means the same as the fluid or the continuum. And the interface is used in the Mixing plane model, sliding mesh and Dyanmic mesh models. I think it is surface at which the meshes on two sides can interact or slide

*I am not sure I am just trying to explain.
  Reply With Quote

Old   May 24, 2007, 17:19
Default Re: Interface and Interior
Ken Adams
Posts: n/a
Thank you, anyway.
  Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surface-> Interface or interior xavi FLUENT 4 July 15, 2009 03:11
Diff. between interface, internal and interior BCs CUser FLUENT 2 November 3, 2008 21:08
wall..interior..interface mumdad FLUENT 1 June 6, 2008 05:50
Interior or Interface Sanjay Jain FLUENT 0 April 29, 2008 06:22
boundary about interface and interior zhou FLUENT 1 June 25, 2004 08:09

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31.