|July 2, 2009, 07:03||
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7Rep Power: 9
I installed Gambit on my linux X86_64 machine with SUSE 10.1. However, when I run gambit from the terminal, the following message appeared:
LANG en_GB.UTF-8 changed temporarily to C for gambit use.
Starting /usr/local/ANSYS/GAMBIT/Fluent.Inc/gambit2.4.6/lnamd64/gambit ...
The amount of free memory is now less than 20% of the total system
memory (physical + swapspace). This Gambit session may end with a crash.
In that event, there are several possible work-arounds.
1) Try running without other larger processes executing on the same machine.
2) Split your model into several smaller pieces.
3) Run Gambit without the GUI to reduce its memory requirements.
4) Try decreasing the number of levels of UNDO.
5) Delete size functions to release the memory used by initialized size functions
and/or generated background grids.
6) See if the system administrator can increase either the physical memory
or the swapspace.
7) Try using Mmap by typing something like these lines in the c-shell:
(cannot be used on windows machines)
setenv FLUENT_MMAP_PATH "some path and filename"
setenv FLUENT_USE_MMAP 1
Make sure that the drive has more than enough free disk space.
It looks I have no enough memory, but I did not run any case, 4 G memory is usable for gambit. Also I am sure there is at least 40 G free space on the hard drive.
Anyone can help me out? Many thanks in advance!
|August 13, 2009, 03:31||
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1Rep Power: 0
I had the same problem. The problem is that linux use the memory for chaching hard disc accesses and gambit only checks the free memory without looking for this. You can free the cached memory with running
echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches (as root).
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gambit Startup Window||Jay Shim||FLUENT||2||February 12, 2015 15:05|
|Gambit help: Cube inside cube||Jack Martinez||FLUENT||13||August 11, 2010 06:29|
|Gambit -dev X11 doesn't work||Ervin Amet||FLUENT||0||October 28, 2007 09:33|
|Athlon 64 Gambit Compatibility?||Derick||FLUENT||3||January 17, 2006 18:28|
|Gambit batch - kill "Startup" box how?||Chris Bailey||FLUENT||2||February 23, 2005 10:05|