|March 15, 2006, 03:11||
CFP of NUMGRID2006
Call for papers:
"Numerical geometry, grid generation and scientific computing" July 4-7, 2006 A.A. Dorodnicyn Computing Center Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow*
Abstract submission deadline is extended till March 26, 2006.
Conference address: 119991 Moscow, 40 Vavilov str. A.A. Dorodnicyn Computing Center of Russian Academy of Sciences homepage: http://www.ccas.ru/gridgen/numgrid20...grid2006e.html e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +7 495 135 73 78 fax: +7 495 137 13 33 Conference working languages: Russian and English
A.A. Dorodnicyn Computing Center Russian Academy of Sciences Editorial board of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics journal
* Numerical geometry problems: surface reconstruction and parameterization, integration of grid generation with CAD/CAE, simplification, repair and decompostion of geometrical models, geometric modeling and optimization, mappings, deformations and morphings in engineering and biomedical applications, as well as in animation, geometric methods in molecular biology, genetics, computational anatomy, quantum chemistry and material sciences;
* Computation grid generation methods: 2D, surface and 3D grids, local and global mesh quality criteria, structured and unstructured grids, Voronoi-Delaunay methods, geometric quality measures and numerical errors, symmetry and invariance in grid generation, barrier variational methods, adaptive moving grids, mesh stability and sensitivity analysis, mesh untangling.
* Numerical modeling and mesh adaptation, efficient iterative solutions of variational problems, mesh-based and "meshless" methods, domain decompostion, graph partitioning and parallel computing;
* Postprocessing and visualization, data representation and compression.
* Theoretical foundations of numerical geometry and grid generation: harmonic, conformal and quasi-isometric mappings, mappings of bounded distortion, foundations of elasticity and crystallography with large deformations, topological optimization, graph embeddings and graph drawings, intrinsic and extrinsic geometry of surfaces, discrete curvatures and manifolds of bounded curvature, approximations by polyhedral manifolds.
Abtsracts no longer than 1-2 pages can be submitted in the text form, as well as Adobe ps and pdf files, or as MS Word files. Abstracts can contain tables and figures. Conference abstracts will be available at the conference homepage.
Full papers presented by participants after preliminary review by organizing committee will be published in the conference proceedings. Proceedings will be available at the registration desk. Full papers can be submitted as Latex or MS Word files. Paper length cannot exceed 10 pages. The page style is 10pt, two columns, text size is 170mm by 235mm. Paper formatting samples and style files will be available shortly.
* March 10. - abstract submission deadline
* March 20 - notification of acceptance
* May 15 - full paper submission deadline*