|May 10, 2014, 10:41||
areas of application of numerical solution procedures
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 159Rep Power: 7
very popular numerical solution procedures are
- 1.finite difference method fdm
- 2.finite element method fem
- 3.finite volume method fvm
Which are the main areas of application of the different methods? Which types of differential equaitons in terms of dimensions that have to be solved are they good for?
1. What are the typical areas of application here?
2. I ve read that the finite element method is mostly used in solid body analysis. What are the typical differential equations respectively dimensions (like tension, displacement, temperature) solved for with fem?
3. As far as I ve read the typical area of application are processes where conservation equations are most important like in fluid mechanics.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Is Playstation 3 cluster suitable for CFD work||hsieh||OpenFOAM||9||August 16, 2015 14:53|
|grid dependancy||gueynard a.||Main CFD Forum||19||June 27, 2014 21:22|
|Convergence problem||suthichock||Main CFD Forum||27||May 11, 2009 07:05|
|Discussion about Mesh independant solution||Seb||Main CFD Forum||13||May 22, 2001 13:37|
|Wall functions||Abhijit Tilak||Main CFD Forum||6||February 5, 1999 02:16|