CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Main CFD Forum (
-   -   what is C- and O-type grids. (

sulaksna May 6, 2001 14:14

what is C- and O-type grids.
Hi..I have some questions for you, I downloading SIMPLE program from this web [] which somone suggest. I interested in the program in folder 2dgl\mg which consist of caffa.f and grid.f . This program solving N-S equations in 2D by applying to multigrid method. I attemp to understanding it but I can't, I don'n know what the C- and O-type grids are? and how are their process? Thank you for help.

John C. Chien May 6, 2001 18:22

Re: what is C- and O-type grids.
(1). A structured mesh which starts from the top end of C and curves around it, then merges at the lower right hand side with the upper mesh. It is called C-type. (2). A structured mesh which connects the begining and the end of the mesh and forms a O-shape. It is called O-type. (3). You have to take a look at the picture of the mesh first. This can be found in the book (free on Internet) by Joe Thompson,"Numerical Grid Generation". (page-29,30) Web address can be found in the REsources section.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33.