CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (
-   Main CFD Forum (
-   -   Frontward facing step? (

Anders Jönson March 26, 2002 08:30

Frontward facing step?

Does anyone know if there is experiments done on a geometry similar to the famous backwardfacing step, but with opposite flow direction? I have a vague memory that it is called forward facing step, but I am not sure. If there are, do you know if it has been used for heat transfer measurements?

Regards Anders

FYW March 26, 2002 21:39

Re: Frontward facing step?
Go to type in keywords such as "forward facing step" and you will find a lot of experimental work on the subject.

For more recent experiments, look up back issues of "Experiments in Fluids".

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:59.