|May 11, 2011, 23:20||
Princeton Ocean Model POM
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2Rep Power: 0
Hi, i am new here. i had run a couple of searches for Princeton Ocean Model but i could not find a dedicated thread. i am posting this for us to share our knowledge or encounters with this CFD.
Right now, i am in need of assistance to find out a problem i've been trying to solve for weeks. My model which has been converted from original daily to hourly run, with the time steps adjusted and calculated well.
Days is changed to hours
so let's say 3 days = 72 hours...the time steps would be equal.
The symptom of the problem is my model only can run in homogeneous state (Salinity and Temperature are constants). i am quite sure i had applied the correct boundary conditions as listed below:
1. Elevation uses Sommerfeld radiation BC is applied.
DO 120 J=1,JM
& .5*el(imm1-1,j)+ .25*el(imm1-1,j+1))+
& .5*el(imm1,j)+ .25*el(imm1,j+1))
2. Barotropic velocity uses radiation along with specified velocity (ms-1) and elevation (m) to calculate the external waves . Example:
uaf(im,j)=(uabound(imm1,j)* RAMP + GA*
i.el1bound= predefined elevation (tidal calculations)
ii.uabound= Averaged velocity from CORA data.
3. Baroclinic velocity uses radiation bcond similar to the elevation B.C.
4. The salinity and temperature boundary condition is also a radiating B.C.
5. The vertical and the rest are predefined boundary conditions from the original script.
i hope someone could help me point out where the problem could lie. Thanks.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|LES and combustion model||Margherita Cadorin||CFX||0||October 29, 2008 06:24|
|model||han||Main CFD Forum||0||September 27, 2005 08:35|
|regarding eddy break up model||dj||CFX||0||September 30, 2003 02:05|
|Advanced Turbulence Modeling in Fluent, Realizable k-epsilon Model||Jonas Larsson||FLUENT||5||March 13, 2000 04:27|
|Ocean Wave Model with FLOW3D||Haryo Armono||Main CFD Forum||0||January 28, 1999 14:11|