CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
Home > Forums > Main CFD Forum

Emptying a container suddenly? Is there a name for this topic?

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old   August 21, 2011, 07:57
Default Emptying a container suddenly? Is there a name for this topic?
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 9
bzz77 is on a distinguished road
I would really appreciate some guidance to get started on the right track with investigating something I'm interested in...

I'd like to figure out how to use products out of a suddenly emptied container to find out about the emptying process and to reconstruct the structure of the container before emptying happened.

For example, imagine a container filled with liquid that is stratified (like by density). Then suddenly the stuff leaves the container and forms a stratified product outside. During emptying, there may have been mixing. The product does not represent a simple inversion of what was initially in the container.

How can I reconstruct the initial container structure from the product? Would this even be possible? Is there a name for this kind of thing? I'm not having any luck in finding information because I don't really know what to search for. Thanks for any help.
bzz77 is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49.