|December 1, 2012, 10:39||
wrong efficiency-axial compressor rotor 37
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17Rep Power: 8
I'm doing Fine turbo v8c tutorial number1. it's about axial compressor rotor 37.
I'm doing exactly like it says
in the tutorial the polytropic efficiency for this case is 88.9% but when i solve it i get value 85.225%!
what is the problem?
please help me
|July 19, 2014, 07:13||
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8Rep Power: 6
|November 6, 2016, 23:54||
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 41Rep Power: 5
How to solve it, could you please give me your suggestion?
|November 19, 2016, 05:32||
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 207Rep Power: 11
Regarding this problem some points should be considered:
- Air properties should be carefully checked.
- Position of inlet and outlet boundaries as well as hub and shroud geometries should be checked.
- Mesh distributions, turbulence model used, blade RPM and direction of rotation should be checked.
- Spanwise distributions of boundary conditions can also have an impact on the efficiency. So, this needs to be checked.
- Blade tip clearance should be checked.
|axial compressor rotor 37, efficiency|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|udf error||srihari||FLUENT||1||October 31, 2016 15:18|
|ActuatorDiskExplicitForce in OF2.1. Help||be_inspired||OpenFOAM Programming & Development||8||July 3, 2014 10:54|
|centrifugal Pump Efficiency||A.farid||Main CFD Forum||0||March 31, 2012 07:39|
|Efficiency, thrust/drag with regard to hovering||quarkz||Main CFD Forum||0||April 21, 2010 00:51|
|About the design of axial fans||HanCheolHeui||Main CFD Forum||0||September 8, 1998 10:13|