CFD Online Logo CFD Online URL
www.cfd-online.com
[Sponsors]
Home > Forums > Software User Forums > OpenFOAM > OpenFOAM Community Contributions

[swak4Foam] swak4foam installation on OpenFOAM 7

Register Blogs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree16Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old   February 16, 2021, 15:24
Default
  #21
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I don't succeed to install swak4foam with openfoam 8 on ubuntu 20.04.

Openfoam is working fine.

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/swak4Foam swak4Foam cd swak4Foam
hg update develop
./AllwmakeAll



I have follow the steps in this thread. The first ./AllmakeAll command was running and it seems that swak4Foam is installed but I try funkySetFields command -> command not found message error.

So I try to run again the Allwmake command as I see on different discussion, and I have the Current OpenFOAM version is 8.
This is a clean install
./Allwmake: ligne 32: foamVersionThisIsCompiledFor: Permission non accordée

/home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin existing. Prepending to PATH-variable (private version of Bison)

Reading variables from 'swakConfiguration'
Looking for Python 2
Looking for Python 3
Using our own Lua at /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Swak version is 20xx.yy.0
not trusting file /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user root, group root
not trusting file /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user root, group root
hg info: b8e73355892c (develop) tip
No 'bear' installed
Bison: /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison
Flex: /usr/bin/flex
Bison at /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison is version 3.4 (Major 3 Minor 4)
Flex is version 2.6.4 (Minor version: 4)
./Allwmake: ligne 69: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H.tmp: Permission non accordée
No swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H. Generated
mv: impossible d'évaluer 'swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H.tmp': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Allwmake: ligne 88: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Allwmake: ligne 89: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Please include the output above when reporting a problem in the compilation. It helps diagnosing the problem


mkdir: impossible de créer le répertoire «simpleFunctionObjects/lnInclude»: Permission non accordée
wmakeLnInclude error: failed to create include directory simpleFunctionObjects/lnInclude
wmake libso swak4FoamParsers
mkdir: impossible de créer le répertoire «Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt»: Permission non accordée
/bin/sh: 1: cannot create Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options: Directory nonexistent
make: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible « Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options ». Arrêt.
/bin/sh: 1: cannot create Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options: Directory nonexistent
make: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible « Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options », nécessaire pour « all ». Arrêt.
wmake error: file 'Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it

Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
Check the README before you go on to ask. And search: Most likely your problem occurred to 5 other people before and has been solved on the MessageBoarderror message

When I do the same command as an administrator, I have the message:

Environment variable WM_PROJECT_VERSION unset
This means that no OpenFOAM version is actived
Please activate the OF for which you want to compile swak4Foam

I have add in my .bashrc file:

source /opt/openfoam8/etc/bashrc
export WM_PROJECT_VERSION=of8
export PATH="/home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin:$PATH"

The PATH is recognize when I call it in the terminal.

Other problem, since I try to install swak4Foam, paraFoam doesn't work any more!

After the paraFoam command line:

FATAL ERROR: The official reader module for OpenFOAM data does not exist on
your system. This means that the version of ParaView you are using was not
compiled with OpenFOAM, or distributed with a packaged version of OpenFOAM.

For information on packaged versions of OpenFOAM/ParaView and compilation of
OpenFOAM/ParaView, see https://openfoam.org/download

Alternatively, you might be able to view your OpenFOAM data with the reader
module provided with ParaView by running:
paraFoam -builtin

If I type paraFoam -builtin then

Created temporary 'Cyl_geo_reelle_snappy_rho_const_acierdiam120lg110 _v2ms-frozenflow_avradT81degC-veineairof8.foam'
/opt/openfoam8/bin/paraFoam: 66: paraview: not found

Thank you for your help

Julien

PS: my swak4Foam installation directory: julien@julien-X99-DUAL-Z8:~/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam$

my openfoam installation directory: julien@julien-X99-DUAL-Z8:/opt/openfoam8$
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 16, 2021, 19:26
Default
  #22
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,224
Rep Power: 49
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieng View Post
Hello,

I don't succeed to install swak4foam with openfoam 8 on ubuntu 20.04.

Openfoam is working fine.

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/swak4Foam swak4Foam cd swak4Foam
hg update develop
./AllwmakeAll



I have follow the steps in this thread. The first ./AllmakeAll command was running and it seems that swak4Foam is installed but I try funkySetFields command -> command not found message error.

So I try to run again the Allwmake command as I see on different discussion, and I have the Current OpenFOAM version is 8.
This is a clean install
./Allwmake: ligne 32: foamVersionThisIsCompiledFor: Permission non accordée

/home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin existing. Prepending to PATH-variable (private version of Bison)

Reading variables from 'swakConfiguration'
Looking for Python 2
Looking for Python 3
Using our own Lua at /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Swak version is 20xx.yy.0
not trusting file /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user root, group root
not trusting file /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user root, group root
hg info: b8e73355892c (develop) tip
No 'bear' installed
Bison: /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison
Flex: /usr/bin/flex
Bison at /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison is version 3.4 (Major 3 Minor 4)
Flex is version 2.6.4 (Minor version: 4)
./Allwmake: ligne 69: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H.tmp: Permission non accordée
No swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H. Generated
mv: impossible d'évaluer 'swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H.tmp': Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Allwmake: ligne 88: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
./Allwmake: ligne 89: swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

Please include the output above when reporting a problem in the compilation. It helps diagnosing the problem


mkdir: impossible de créer le répertoire «simpleFunctionObjects/lnInclude»: Permission non accordée
wmakeLnInclude error: failed to create include directory simpleFunctionObjects/lnInclude
wmake libso swak4FoamParsers
mkdir: impossible de créer le répertoire «Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt»: Permission non accordée
/bin/sh: 1: cannot create Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options: Directory nonexistent
make: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible « Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options ». Arrêt.
/bin/sh: 1: cannot create Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options: Directory nonexistent
make: *** Aucune règle pour fabriquer la cible « Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/options », nécessaire pour « all ». Arrêt.
wmake error: file 'Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/sourceFiles' could not be created in /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it

Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
Check the README before you go on to ask. And search: Most likely your problem occurred to 5 other people before and has been solved on the MessageBoarderror message

When I do the same command as an administrator, I have the message:

Environment variable WM_PROJECT_VERSION unset
This means that no OpenFOAM version is actived
Please activate the OF for which you want to compile swak4Foam

I have add in my .bashrc file:

source /opt/openfoam8/etc/bashrc
export WM_PROJECT_VERSION=of8
export PATH="/home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin:$PATH"

The PATH is recognize when I call it in the terminal.

Other problem, since I try to install swak4Foam, paraFoam doesn't work any more!

After the paraFoam command line:

FATAL ERROR: The official reader module for OpenFOAM data does not exist on
your system. This means that the version of ParaView you are using was not
compiled with OpenFOAM, or distributed with a packaged version of OpenFOAM.

For information on packaged versions of OpenFOAM/ParaView and compilation of
OpenFOAM/ParaView, see https://openfoam.org/download

Alternatively, you might be able to view your OpenFOAM data with the reader
module provided with ParaView by running:
paraFoam -builtin

If I type paraFoam -builtin then

Created temporary 'Cyl_geo_reelle_snappy_rho_const_acierdiam120lg110 _v2ms-frozenflow_avradT81degC-veineairof8.foam'
/opt/openfoam8/bin/paraFoam: 66: paraview: not found

Thank you for your help

Julien

PS: my swak4Foam installation directory: julien@julien-X99-DUAL-Z8:~/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam$

my openfoam installation directory: julien@julien-X99-DUAL-Z8:/opt/openfoam8$

"Permission non accordée" means "Permission denied", right? (it would be great if people set the language to English before generating the error message. "export LANGUAGE=en_US" would do that. It says "Thanks for taking the time to answer my question for free. Let me make this easier for you". I would say the same thing if the error messages were in German)


Anyway. Seems like you don't have the permissions to write anything in the swak-directory. The line "not trusting file /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/.hg/hgrc from untrusted user root, group root" tells me that you used the root user to clone the sources (and now the directory "belongs" to root) and now you try to compile as a regular user (who is not allowed to mess with roots things). Something like "sudo chown -R julieng:julieng ." should make you the owner and then you can compile
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 17, 2021, 15:29
Default
  #23
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your answer and excuse me for the non translated log, I didn't know the possibility of "export LANGUAGE=en_US"


funkySetFields command is working now!


I have test a real case but I have errors. It seems that something is not well installed.

"Unknown function type swakExpression"



Attached files are my controldict and also the terminal error message.


The case is working fine when I disable swak4Foam postproccessing functions in the controlDict. This controlDict file is the one that I used when I was working with bluecfdcore on windows 10.



Julien
Attached Files
File Type: zip error_files.zip (3.8 KB, 3 views)
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 17, 2021, 17:57
Default
  #24
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,224
Rep Power: 49
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieng View Post
Thank you for your answer and excuse me for the non translated log, I didn't know the possibility of "export LANGUAGE=en_US"


funkySetFields command is working now!


I have test a real case but I have errors. It seems that something is not well installed.

"Unknown function type swakExpression"



Attached files are my controldict and also the terminal error message.


The case is working fine when I disable swak4Foam postproccessing functions in the controlDict. This controlDict file is the one that I used when I was working with bluecfdcore on windows 10.



Julien

That function object is in the one library you've got commented out in the libs-entry in the controlDict
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 18, 2021, 02:33
Default
  #25
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Hello,


I have share the wrong controlDict file with the line disabled...

I have try to comment out the "libsimpleSwakFunctionObjects.so" line when I see that there is a problem with it.
But the issue "Unknown function type swakExpression" happened with the "libsimpleSwakFunctionObjects.so" activated. With "libsimpleSwakFunctionObjects.so" line commented out it still don't works.



libs (
"libOpenFOAM.so"
"libgroovyBC.so"
// "libsimpleSwakFunctionObjects.so"
"libswakFunctionObjects.so"
"libswakTopoSources.so"
);


I have attached the terminal output generated when I run the command ./AllwmakeAll in swak4Foam directory


Thank you again



Best regards


Julien
Attached Files
File Type: zip installation_swak4foam.zip (44.3 KB, 2 views)
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 18, 2021, 15:40
Default
  #26
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Hello,


I see that I still have root permissions problem on my swak4Foam directory, not a padlock but I see in the log that something is wrong because of root permissions. So I solved definitly this with the command line
sudo chown julien:julien -R ./swak4Foam


I have also install "bear" because I see in the log file that it is missing.



I run again the ./Allwmake command



Please see my log file.


It complains in the beginning:


HTML Code:
ld not correctly identify the OpenFOAM version becauseenvironment variable WM_PROJECT_VERSION is 'of8'which is not of the expected form XX.YY.ZZ (or only XX)Because of this compilation of swak4Foam might failNo change to swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H
Lot all files are not found and I have this warning concerning the function that I use in my controlDict file


HTML Code:
make: *** [/opt/openfoam8/wmake/makefiles/general:169 : /home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/lib/libsimpleFunctionObjects.so] Erreur 1
Maybe I have something to install by hand, what do you think?


Julien
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (5.4 KB, 2 views)
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 20, 2021, 06:34
Default
  #27
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Hello,


I have all clean, all delete and start again from the beginning.
I have done this, following what is described for installation with Openfoam 8.



hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/swak4Foam swak4Foam
cd swak4Foam
hg update develop

./AllwmakeAll
./Allwmake > log.make 2>&1


My log file is attached


I have in my baschrc file

HTML Code:
source /opt/openfoam8/etc/bashrcexport WM_PROJECT_VERSION=of8export PATH="/home/julien/OpenFOAM/julien-8/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin:$PATH"alias of8='source /opt/openfoam8/etc/bashrc'
What is the problem? I cannot use

"libsimpleSwakFunctionObjects.so"



Best regards


Julien
Attached Files
File Type: zip log.zip (5.2 KB, 3 views)
sourav90 likes this.
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   February 22, 2021, 17:57
Default
  #28
Member
 
julien
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 99
Rep Power: 5
julieng is on a distinguished road
Hello



I found the problem. The right syntax for the version is 8 not of8!!!!!
Komeil and sourav90 like this.
julieng is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 1, 2022, 15:56
Default Cannot install swak4Foam on OF 7
  #29
New Member
 
Ignacio Z
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 2
NachoZ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschaider View Post
Why do people insist on downloading that unsupported git repository


Code:
hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/openfoam-extend/swak4Foam swak4Foam
cd swak4Foam
./AllwmakeAll

The default branch of that repo compiles with OF7 (not yet OF8. For that you have to change to the development branch)
I am trying to install swak4Foam doing the above instructins but I get the following error when running ./AllwmakeAll:

Code:
Reading variables from 'swakConfiguration'
Looking for Python 2
Found Python 2.7
Configuring Python 2.7
Using python2.7 at /usr/bin/python2.7-config for python2
Looking for Python 3
Using our own Lua at /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Swak version is 2021.05.0
hg info: af74ec7e1714
Using /usr/bin/bear to build compilation database
Bison: /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison
Flex: /usr/bin/flex
Bison at /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison is version 3.4 (Major 3 Minor 4)
Flex is version 2.6.4 (Minor version: 4)
OpenFOAM-version: Major 7 Minor 0 Patch -1 (-1 == x / 98) Fork: org
No change to swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H

Please include the output above when reporting a problem in the compilation. It helps diagnosing the problem


wmake libso swak4FoamParsers
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:56: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../../../rules/versionOptions: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:66: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../mybison: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:67: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex'.  Stop.
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:56: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../../../rules/versionOptions: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:66: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../mybison: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:67: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex'.  Stop.
wmake error: file '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/sourceFiles' could not be created in /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it

Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
I do not know what is the porblem since all the message boards I've checked give no answer to this issue.
Thank you in advance.
NachoZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 1, 2022, 18:41
Default
  #30
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,224
Rep Power: 49
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoZ View Post
I am trying to install swak4Foam doing the above instructins but I get the following error when running ./AllwmakeAll:

Code:
Reading variables from 'swakConfiguration'
Looking for Python 2
Found Python 2.7
Configuring Python 2.7
Using python2.7 at /usr/bin/python2.7-config for python2
Looking for Python 3
Using our own Lua at /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements
Checking swak4Foam-version and generating file
Swak version is 2021.05.0
hg info: af74ec7e1714
Using /usr/bin/bear to build compilation database
Bison: /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison
Flex: /usr/bin/flex
Bison at /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/privateRequirements/bin/bison is version 3.4 (Major 3 Minor 4)
Flex is version 2.6.4 (Minor version: 4)
OpenFOAM-version: Major 7 Minor 0 Patch -1 (-1 == x / 98) Fork: org
No change to swak4FoamParsers/foamVersion4swak.H

Please include the output above when reporting a problem in the compilation. It helps diagnosing the problem


wmake libso swak4FoamParsers
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:56: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../../../rules/versionOptions: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:66: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../mybison: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:67: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex'.  Stop.
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:56: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../../../rules/versionOptions: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:66: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../mybison: No such file or directory
/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/options:67: /opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/../myflex'.  Stop.
wmake error: file '/opt/openfoam7/platforms/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers/sourceFiles' could not be created in /opt/openfoam7/swak4Foam/Libraries/swak4FoamParsers
Parser library did not compile OK. No sense continuing as everything else depends on it

Requirements for Library not satisfied. I see no sense in going on
I do not know what is the porblem since all the message boards I've checked give no answer to this issue.
Thank you in advance.

OK. That is a weird one. Seems that the problem is that you put the sources into $WM_PROJECT_DIR (the installation directory of OF. In your case /opt/openfoam7). In that case wmake works differently (compiles to the platform-directory etc) and some of the stuff swak4foam does during compiling don't work. Put the swak-directory somewhere else (outside of $WM_PROJECT_DIR) and compilation should work
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 1, 2022, 19:21
Default
  #31
New Member
 
Ignacio Z
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 2
NachoZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'll have to check if it is possible since I am trying to install it in a shared server. In that case what would the best option be? If it is not possible is there any other workaround?

Regards,
Nacho
NachoZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 2, 2022, 05:26
Default
  #32
Assistant Moderator
 
Bernhard Gschaider
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,224
Rep Power: 49
gschaider will become famous soon enoughgschaider will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoZ View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!
I'll have to check if it is possible since I am trying to install it in a shared server. In that case what would the best option be? If it is not possible is there any other workaround?

Regards,
Nacho
The problem is that swak compiles to $FOAM_USER_APPBIN/$FOAM_USER_LIBBIN
For most users that is the best option as they should not have write access to $FOAM_APPBIN/$FOAM_LIBBIN
There is a script maintainanceScripts/copySwakFilesToSite.sh that copies all the binary files to $FOAM_SITE_LIBBIN/$FOAM_SITE_APPBIN which is were binaries that should be accessible to everyone but are not part of the OF-distro should go
This should be sufficient for people who don't do C++-programming based on swak (almost nobody does)
So:
- compile as a regular user
- Check if it works for that user

- run the script as a user with write access to the SITE-directories
- check if it works for everybody
(it is possible that the SITE-dirs are only added to the path by OF if they exist. So it is possible that you've got to start a new terminal to "see" the binaries as a regular user)
__________________
Note: I don't use "Friend"-feature on this forum out of principle. Ah. And by the way: I'm not on Facebook either. So don't be offended if I don't accept your invitation/friend request
gschaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   August 2, 2022, 15:43
Default
  #33
New Member
 
Ignacio Z
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 2
NachoZ is on a distinguished road
It's finally working. I had to install it in what would be the equivalent of my /run directory. It is working for me, wouldn't know if it is working for other users. Thank you for all the help Bernhard.
lth likes this.
NachoZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Tags
swak4foam error

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[swak4Foam] Swak4FOAM installation for OpenFOAM v1806 exx110 OpenFOAM Community Contributions 1 July 5, 2021 21:07
[swak4Foam] swak4foam >>>> INSTALLATION PROBLEM steven123 OpenFOAM Community Contributions 35 January 11, 2021 17:53
OpenFOAM Training Jan-Jul 2017, Virtual, London, Houston, Berlin CFDFoundation OpenFOAM Announcements from Other Sources 0 January 4, 2017 07:15
[Discussion] Restructuring the Installation page at openfoamwiki.net wyldckat OpenFOAM Installation 16 November 2, 2013 12:43
New OpenFOAM Forum Structure jola OpenFOAM 2 October 19, 2011 07:55


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 18:43.