CFD Online Discussion Forums

CFD Online Discussion Forums (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/)
-   OpenFOAM Community Contributions (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-community-contributions/)
-   -   [waves2Foam] Compile waves2FoamMooring on OF1912 (https://www.cfd-online.com/Forums/openfoam-community-contributions/227063-compile-waves2foammooring-of1912.html)

romainping May 15, 2020 21:24

Compile waves2FoamMooring on OF1912

Hello,

I would like to compile and use the tool waves2FoamMooring provided within waves2Foam on OpenFoam1812 or OpenFoam 1912.

When I try to compile it i get the error below. It seems that the code is calling for a function "Xfer" and cannot find it.

I managed to compile this tool and use it on OF1712. Indeed, I found the function Xfer in the folder '/home/engineer/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1712/src/OpenFOAM/memory'

However this Xfer function disappeared in v1812 and v1912.

Does anyone know how to compile this mooring tool on the new OF versions ? Is there another function that could be used instead of 'Xfer' ? Or how I could compile the Xfer function ?

Thanks for your help.

error :

write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C: In member function ‘void Foam::write1DFvMesh::updateMesh(const Foam::List<Foam::Field<Foam::Vector<double> > >&, const labelList&, const labelList&, const labelList&, const labelList&)’:
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:225:9: error: ‘Xfer’ was not declared in this scope
Xfer<pointField> xpp;
^~~~
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:225:24: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
Xfer<pointField> xpp;
^
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:225:26: error: ‘xpp’ was not declared in this scope
Xfer<pointField> xpp;
^~~
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:225:26: note: suggested alternative: ‘lpp’
Xfer<pointField> xpp;
^~~
lpp
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:231:22: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
Xfer<faceList> xfaces;
^
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:231:24: error: ‘xfaces’ was not declared in this scope
Xfer<faceList> xfaces;
^~~~~~
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:231:24: note: suggested alternative: ‘face’
Xfer<faceList> xfaces;
^~~~~~
face
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:280:22: error: expected primary-expression before ‘>’ token
Xfer<cellList> xcells;
^
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:280:24: error: ‘xcells’ was not declared in this scope
Xfer<cellList> xcells;
^~~~~~
write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.C:280:24: note: suggested alternative: ‘cell’
Xfer<cellList> xcells;
^~~~~~
cell
/home/engineer/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-v1912/wmake/rules/General/transform:34: recipe for target 'Make/linux64GccDPInt32Opt/write1DFvMesh/write1DFvMesh.o' failed

aisy January 29, 2021 06:59

Hello, did you slove this problem?
I also have this problem

4lix August 2, 2021 11:32

waves2Foam compilation - problem with Xfer function - OF-v2012

Hi Romain and Ji,
Did you find a way to solve this problem ?
I am facing the same issue as you.
Hope you can help!
Best regards,
Alix

cesa October 11, 2021 12:07

Hello,

I am facing the exact same problem, did you guys solve it?

Best regards,
Carlos

ngj October 11, 2021 14:20

Hi,

The syntax changed between versions, so I recommend that you dive into the code and make the necessary changes.

Kind regards

Niels

cesa October 11, 2021 17:52

Hello Niels,

Thank you for answering.

I checked the v1912 Developer Upgrade Guide and it says that: "The pre-C++11 Xfer has now been removed. it was deprecated and slated for removal 2018-03."

I'm trying to fix the write1DFvMesh.C file, but apparently this Xfer funciton doesn't exist on OF-v1912 anymore, so I don't know what to do yet.

Best regards,
Carlos